Pool Jet Issue - Replacements?

Dec 16, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Can someone help me identify where/how I should replace these? I've got about 6 total in the pool and 2 of them always seem to get flipped/pushed out of alignment and spraying in some direction that I didn't intend. Not quite sure if I can find or buy just the center/circular pivot part in the middle of the jet housing or if I should replace the entire housing with a new part that includes the center/circular pivot part? Thanks!

This is some sort of insider fitting, usually fits into 1-1/2" pvc pipe. If they weren't glued you may be able to pry out and replace. Aquastar is the only website with different colors I could find. Otherwise if you know who built the pool you might ask if there still available

I would think they would unscrew. The picture is of a different style but I'd think the fitting in the wall would be the same with threads so those eyeballs would be serviceable.

There might be a special tool that engages those two cut out areas where you might need to make something to give you a little leverage. Good link to different tools - - > Server Error
I'm just guessing as I haven't seen that style before.

Attachments

• Eyeball fitting exploded view.jpg
    Eyeball fitting exploded view.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 118
Thanks for the input so far. I am curious of the slots in the housing that (as mentioned) are to either unscrew the housing from the pipe or service the eyeball. I am worried of trying to unscrew the housing and over-torqueing a glued housing and breaking something... or also messing with an eyeball that isn't meant to be serviced in the housing itself. Anybody definitely know how to service these? Or any recos on safe trial and error servicing technique?

I have a picture to upload but can't figure out how.....
aa3139ed01db631b7066c8f3db80d902.jpg

Notice we have same type of pool finish.
These were $5 each from sunplay.com
These have a venturi built-in for better circulation. [emoji2] [emoji3]

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

Oh the picture I uploaded is of the defective fitting received from sunplay.com. They immediately shipped a correct replacement fitting. The fitting is missing the half moon cut out from inside of fitting. I've installed five of these in my pool and spa and I'm very pleases with the water circulation. They can be aimed upwards to give a relaxing water fall effect.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was able to find the original parts with the above posting help here (very bottom section): Fittings Eyeballs (Self-Aligning Return Fitting 3/4″ Eye (fits inside 1 1/2″ pipe))

Best price around the web for the originals is around $17 (shipping included). Would like to find something less expensive that can work, but also don't want to mess with pressure changes vs. original if I can avoid it since all is working well now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh the picture I uploaded is of the defective fitting received from sunplay.com. They immediately shipped a correct replacement fitting. The fitting is missing the half moon cut out from inside of fitting. I've installed five of these in my pool and spa and I'm very pleases with the water circulation. They can be aimed upwards to give a relaxing water fall effect.

What do you think of the negative reviews? Amazon.com : Infusion VRFSISDG Inlet Fitting Venturi 1-1/2 Garden

I was able to find the original parts with the above posting help here (very bottom section): Fittings Eyeballs (Self-Aligning Return Fitting 3/4″ Eye (fits inside 1 1/2″ pipe))

Best price around the web for the originals is around $17 (shipping included). Would like to find something less expensive that can work, but also don't want to mess with pressure changes vs. original if I can avoid it since all is working well now.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think of the negative reviews? Amazon.com : Infusion VRFSISDG Inlet Fitting Venturi 1-1/2 Garden
The venturi fittings are working fine for my pool and spa. I've noticed increased circulation of water and I love the ability to adjust the returns upwards. I would give them 5 stars.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.