Pentair IntelliTouch Programming - Possible to add chlorinator to main screen? + more

LukeS

Aug 20, 2016
Fairhope, AL
Hi, I am new here. I purchased all the parts for an IntelliTouch i5S+3 one-by-one as they come up for a good price off eBay and installed it all myself. Now I am programming it and have some questions. This is controlling a simple pool setup with a single speed main pump for now (intelliFlo VS is on order and in the mail), Polaris cleaner booster pump, and Hayward Aquarite chlorine generator.

Outdoor panel firmware version: 1.170 (latest)
Indoor panel firmware version: 1.100

1) I have a Hayward AquaRite wired to the RS-485 port of the IntelliTouch, it shows up under Menu -> Setup -> Equipment -> Chlorinator and I can control it form there but I haven't been able to figure out how to add it as a shortcut to the main screen. This would seem like something you should be able to do.

2) I do not have a heater, is there a way to remove the "heat" option for the bottom buttons on the main screen?

3) The single body controller i5S+3 is weird to me how it handles a single body with the default display options of "hi-temp" hard-coded as a spa and "lo-temp" hard-coded as a pool under Menu -> Setup -> Advanced -> Circuit Functions. It's almost like there should be a setting to tell it if controlling a pool or spa as the single body equipment model does not to both. I don't know if I should just remove the "hi-temp" option from the main screen as I have no heater. Also the hi-temp and low-temp circuits both have options for freeze protection but they both control the same pump which is confusing so what happens if I turn off freeze protection on one?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1) To my knowledge, there is no way to do what you want. The thinking is probably that, you would need to adjust the output so infrequently, that it would not sway Pentair enough to make that type of change.

2) No.

3) It is of little consolation that Pentair treats single body pool owners as step children or adoptees, when it comes to automation. Since the software/firmware was written primarily for pool/spa applications, and therefore easier to "tweek" a little to accommodate the single body, rather than write a whole different code to accomplish the same thing, only with a better interface.

It's all about costs, and what can be done for less, i guess.

Thanks so much for the reply! I wanted a shortcut to the chlorinatior screen to check the salt level easily.. oh well. I wish they would just add the salt ppm level to the main screen where the pool temp is. Yeah, makes sense, the software and interface was developed about 15 years ago so it was more difficult then to do advanced user interfaces with the hardware and development tools at the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.