Mustard Algae-Trying Again

Jul 8, 2015
Atoka, OK
Hi there, Have been doing much reading. Appreciate all the info. Had a green swamp, then a mustard algae outbreak. Haven't started SWG as thought all the green might be bad for it when generating. Have used lots of bleach and kept the filter pump running for days. Was low on salt, added some early on. Thought it still low, but just checked and seems fine now. Maybe what was added wasn't completely dissolved. Know I need to adjust some things. Question, can I get an accurate CYA reading today, as it is cloudy? Last night about sundown, also cloudy, it looked like 10 or below. Today only slightly better after adding 22oz. liquid stabilizer last night. Do I trust it and add more stabilizer to bring it to 30? Then go for SLAM levels? At this point does the salt level make a difference? Should I start the SWG? Water is greenish blue, much better than it used to be. FC-.5 or lower. CC-1 or less. TA-90. pH-7.5. tested with TF-100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.