Hi temp union reliability? Any experience with these?

Jul 22, 2016
San Francisco
High-Temp Union - CMP

Anyone install any of these and find them to be reliable? Means no leak after say a year or two?

21063-200-000

21063-290-000

I want to install
21063-290-000 if I can get my hands on one. Otherwise will have to improvise and use
21063-200-000. Some people say they are not reliable. I have no clue. I am a newbie pool owner and tired of a small leak I see at the current discharge spot. Thanks in advance.

They seem to be very reliable, but they rely on a o ring to seal. And just like all o-rings they need to be replaced from time to time. I do like the CMP unions better than the Praher, The best thing is parts are replaceable instead of having a to cut and replace regular male adapters or threaded nipples.21063-290-000 - CUSTOM MOLDED PRODUCTS, INC - UNION, 2" MPT x 2" SWEEP 90 DEG ELL

Can you define "time to time"? I'm OK with an annual replacement of a O ring provided its easy to replace. I'm not OK with every other month or even every six months. Seems like nuisance. Do you use the 90 degree elbow one? Do you know the measurements? If I go with it, it has to be the same height (and other dimensions) as my current setup which is a threaded nipple from the pump leading to a street elbow. Otherwise I need to replumb everything just to use it.

mine have been on for 2 years now and no leaks :) I have 2 on my pump, 1 on the skimmer and 3 on the return/suction..

GMigqNih.jpg

nyMiMIFh.jpg

dfQuIFVh.jpg

In the desert o-rings seem to dry out more than other areas with higher humidity. Probably every couple years in most places. I have used the 90 sweep but I never measured the exact distance to the center of 90. Either way you will have to cut your PVC and line up the plumbing. Inyo pools website also has these and you can leave your question or call them

Thanks to everyone who responded so far. Its very helpful. I will have to find out about the sweep. I lined things up with the regular union and it would force me to change more plumbing that I wish to. Specifically it would force me change all piping leading to my sand filter and also use a fitting extender leading right into it. This includes sanding off paint and a raised branding logo on the fitting in order to install the fitting extender properly.

We order these by the case and use them on basically everything that does not have a built in union. Have been using them for 5-6 years in North Florida and I have never had to go out and swap an o-ring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.