First pool, not sure what chemicals to start and add.

J4A

Aug 15, 2016
Orangevale, CA
Hello,

we are new and know nothing about pool care. We are filling the pool now and read we should add chlorine. Do I just buy this from a pool store? Or is this regular bleach? I saw on other posts most people said not to go to a pool store for water testing. We have a pool master 5 way water test kit and I bought a cya tester also, although I don't really understand any of it much. We are going to test the water as soon as it fills, although we had a little accident with filling and hose started filling the backyard too, ugh. Anyway, any advice on what to buy and start with is welcomed. My hubby is getting grumpy, and wants to go to a pool store and just have them load him up... Probably because of the hose falling out haha. :D

Welcome. Please visit Pool School and educate up a bit on chemicals and their use and what we recommend. Also order one of our recommended test kits there--TF100. You'll need some CYA (conditioner)--Walmart, and add it to level 30 or so. Take your FC (using plain bleach) to 4-5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.