Hello

J4A

Aug 15, 2016
Orangevale, CA
Thank you everyone for allowing us to be part of this forum. We have never owned a pool and are very overwhelmed. My husband is active duty military and we just bought a house in Michigan and thought a pool would be a great idea. We forgot to consider the water care closely. Well it's filling up and I am glad I found this forum. i look forward to any and all advice. Thanks.

Thank you. I read it. It makes sense. We just put the chlorine in and the cya for now to start. I'll check it with my current test kit tomorrow and that will tell me fc, Ph, Bromamine but that's it. On Wednesday I'll get the Taylor 2006 and get full numbers. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP, J4A :)

You're going to have a chlorine pool....right? Ignore the Bromine side of that little test block. You won't have any (good call!) Chlorine is the easiest way to sanitize a pool.

Thank your husband for his service from his new friends at TFP :)

Yes. Thank you for your service. Both of you. If you need help with the cost of your testkit, PM (private message) me.

- - - Updated - - -

And don't wait until Wednesday to order it. Order it ASAP!

- - - Updated - - -

Duh. Never mind. I think you already ordered the kit and it is due to arrive on Wednesday. My bad. It's Saturday night and the beer has been flowing...

Haha MarianParoo, that sounds like us come Saturday night too. Hehe. Thanks for the advice. We are so excited and want to take care of this pool the right way.

Yes. Thank you for your service. Both of you. If you need help with the cost of your testkit, PM (private message) me.

- - - Updated - - -

And don't wait until Wednesday to order it. Order it ASAP!

- - - Updated - - -

Duh. Never mind. I think you already ordered the kit and it is due to arrive on Wednesday. My bad. It's Saturday night and the beer has been flowing...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Yipee, Yep, chlorine. Thanks, I was very confused what the Bromamine was about. Hubby has been in for 11 years. We met in the Navy but I got out and he stayed in so its been a fun journey. we are very excited to be on this forum I have learned so much already.