Diamond Brite plastering scrapped midway due to weather

deanrinehart

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2009
Bethlehem, PA
Not sure why the plasterers were surprised by rain, but they were. It started up around 8:30 am, just as they had mixed a batch of plaster.

They could cover the spa, so they decided to do that and see if the rain would pass so they could do the pool. It didn't. They finished the spa, filled it and left to come back another day. Sadly it looks like we won't have a break in their schedule or the weather until next week!

So I can run the spa independently from the pool and follow the standard startup. Of course, the local pool company (Leslie's) does not carry muriatic acid (too dangerous!) so we got dry acid…and they swear pH Plus is calcium chloride, so we got that. I need to do my homework!

They also said not to add more than an ounce of dry acid a day, else I could "melt the spa"...

To add to the confusion, I just got off the phone with the plasterer…he said it's not neccesary to treat the water or circulate it even if they can't come out until next week. He will drain the spa into the newly plastered pool, acid wash the spa again and then fill both up.

Any thoughts on that? Aren't the chemicals used in start up a neccesary component of curing the finish?

The simplest thing is to do what they say. Then any problems are their fault. There is something to be said for what the pool company is saying, they can fix anything that might go wrong as long as there is water in the spa.

PH Up is soda ash, which is sodium carbonate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.