Problem Changing to a Saltwater System

Aug 20, 2016
St Pete, FL
Hey Everyone,

I'm new so forgive me if this has been posted (I tried searching but didn't find anything). I have an Intex 15' X 48" circular above ground pool. I bought a saltwater filter system but it looks like all of the new hoses that attach to the inlet and return are much bigger than what I have now. The existing hoses are just the twist clamp style, and not the screw on type of the new systems hoses. My first thought was to just cut bigger openings in the liner, but are there adapters available that would do the trick as well?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

I have same pool, and at first I used adapters. Couldn't stand the way the hoses hung from the sides, so I ended up cutting larger holes. Hang on, will find the thread I used to walk me through it.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

At at first I used the first and third items above to adapt pool to larger hoses.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/64388-Cutting-Larger-Intake-amp-Return-holes-in-your-Intex

Here is the thread I used to walk me through the process of cutting larger holes. I drained pool enough to get it below the lower intake opening. Killed two birds with one stone since I needed to drain to lower CYA anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I did order two of the second item in the photo, to use in the larger holes.

There are a number of threads here about the 2 sizes of Intex fittings, including some home made adapters, as well as some store bought ones that have showed up on the market in the last year or two. The 2 or 3 smallest Intex pools use a smaller hose size than the larger pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.