How do you fine tune your SWG?

dannieboiz

Jan 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
my SWG was installed a few weeks ago, got all the chemistries in order and tested for a couple days and thought I had it down.

I've been doing only PH tests and neglected to test for FC, Today after the kids used the pool for the first time in 3 weeks I decided to test again, my FC was at 4 when I last tested is now a whopping 10ppm with my SWG running only @ 40%.

Should I turn it off and let it drift down to 4ppm and start over?

How long are you running your pump? If you want to run the pump a lot (say, for skimmer action) you just need to turn your % down.

For now, turn it down or off and let it drop a bit....but why aren't you testing more often?? That's just asking for trouble.

Yip :flower:

It takes some tweaking. Our temps dropped 25 degrees and I put the solar cover on to preserve heat and my FC was up to 20 ppm this afternoon. Lower temps, less swimming, solar cover all contribute to less chlorine demand. You'll get used to it. I meant to turn it down last weekend but forgot. I will say that a little extra FC is always better than a little less. And it is safe to swim up to shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. I swam this afternoon for a bit and it was great.

It takes some tweaking. Our temps dropped 25 degrees and I put the solar cover on to preserve heat and my FC was up to 20 ppm this afternoon. Lower temps, less swimming, solar cover all contribute to less chlorine demand. You'll get used to it. I meant to turn it down last weekend but forgot. I will say that a little extra FC is always better than a little less. And it is safe to swim up to shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. I swam this afternoon for a bit and it was great.

I have a variable speed pump so I tend to run it longer, about 10 hours.

PoolDV I think you nailed it, when I was testing I didnt' use a solar cover, I've had the cover on for the past weeks, my pool is 89 degrees with no heater, air temp has been around 85.

Surprisingly, my PH has been 7.4 this whole time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.