new 18x36 liner pool

Cuatro

Aug 18, 2016
El Campo Texas
I am having to always add chlorine and acid to the pool. Get it right and then a day or two later is it is far out of whack agin. I need a better way to take care of the water. I would love to just be able to check something once a week or once every two weeks and do it all automated. Any help is great!

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

Your IC40 chlorinator would provide 2.5 ppm FC in about 8 hours at 100%, though you might need more than that on a hot day with lots of swimming, up to as much as 4 ppm FC which would need about 13 hrs at 100%. If the pool is using more chlorine than that, you could check for organic contamination by doing an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test (OCLT), linked here: Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

You might be able to lower your total alkalinity to decrease the frequency of acid additions. Post test results if you like. You could take your acid lower between additions, although you might consume more acid if you do that. Another option is plumb in an acid dosing pump.

I hope the swimming has been good there :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.