Empty Jacuzzi Water Into Pool

May 19, 2015
Burbank, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I need to replace a part on the bottom of my jacuzzi, and it would make my life a million times easier if I could empty it first.

I was talking to a sales guy at my pool store and he said there was a switch that would empty the jacuzzi water into the pool. Where/what would that be?

Is this possible? If there is no switch, any suggestions on how I can do this?

I don't know what setup you have but I have Jandy auto valves that have a toggle switch on the side. In my case the up position would pump the water from the main drains into the pool and close the return in the spa. I think you need to be in spa mode for this to work in my case.

What wjr75 said,

How do you switch from pool to spa? Manual or automated? Short version you need to change the suction from pool main drain/skimmer to spa suction and leave the return valve on pool. If you have a common line (spillover) shut that valve if possible to hasten the process.

Edit: Or just hook your manual vacuum hose to the skimmer and put the pole with vac head attached in the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.