Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite cell or total replacement?

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaRite cell or total replacement?

I have a AquaRite that the cell is going bad in. This system was installed in 2000 and I am on my third turbo-cell. The first cell was defective and replaced early and the cell I am on now was replaced in August of 2004. The main Circuit board was also replaced at that time.
    My question is would there be any benefit to replacing the entire control as well as the cell at this time? Do the newer controls work better or more efficiently?
    If I do a total replacement what system would be recommended?
    My pool is an in ground approx. 26,000 gal
    This AquaRite is the 40,000 gal model.

Thanks
    George

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaRite cell or total replacement?

it would depend on what's the cost of total replacement vs the cost of cell
    i would recommend replacing the whole system as it's getting old and the older it gets the higher is a chance that something else will break and you'll have to pay to fix it or buy a new control box.

I'd recommend Autochlor SMCA30 for replacement

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Your AquaRite control unit should last twenty years or more if nothing unusual happens to it. Unless something is obviously wrong with it I would just replace the cell.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

i wouldn't be so confident about 20 years, a lot of electronic components are not designed to last that long