New Pebblesheen surface - will it stabilize in 2-3 weeks?

erricrice

Gold Supporter
May 11, 2016
Clearwater FL
Hello!

I have a company coming out to resurface my old plaster to a newer pebble-sheen surface. They were supposed to start last week, but unfortunately they've hit a lot of delays due to being very tightly booked in the summer and we've had some bad weather here lately.

The bad news is that I'm going out of town in the middle of September, and I'm worried with the delays that there won't be enough time for the new plaster to stabilize before I leave.

Assuming they're able to start next week, and it takes them a few days to finish, I will have just about 3 weeks before I leave town(I'll be gone for two weeks after that).

I'll be able to keep an eye on the pool daily up to that point though, and I'll be having a friend come and put in some chlorine to keep the algae at bay while I'm gone(I don't think my liquidator will quite last two weeks) however I'm not sure that I'd trust him to do a full test and balance all the levels properly.

Is this potentially a bad idea and I should just put off the resurface until I get back? Or should it be fine within that 3 weeks and I can just have someone keep the FC maintained while I'm gone?

Because it is pebblesheen and it will be acid washed before they fill I think you will be ok with brushing. It would be a lot better if the person looking at your pool can test PH and add acid to keep it 7.8 or under. Keep a log of your pH and acid additions for the 3 weeks to see a pattern.

Hey just an update here I did end up postponing until after the trip - and I'm glad I did! It's been only a few days, but I've had to add a lot of acid and they do recommend lots of brushing in the first 30 days to help "polish" the stones in case there was any excess plaster.

It also would have been quite a chore to have to keep up with the in-depth chemistry demands of a new surface while also prepping for a big out of country trip!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.