SW Chicago/IL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I was looking through the ScreenLogic manual at the Chrolinator section and saw under the Pool Output % setting:

"The IntelliTouch control system will automatically drop the chlorine output levels to 1/20 the output when the Spa mode is switched on."

If this is the case, what is the Spa Output % setting even for? Is it the % of the 1/20 then? I was just confused when I read this and wondered if anyone could clarify. Thanks!

So the 1/20 is just the initial default and as soon as I changed it, that is overridden? Since it is a spillover spa, wouldn't I want to keep the pool and spa settings the same?

cd,

Kind-of depends on you. While Spillovers look amazing, and are great to impress your visitors, they also can drive pH through the roof due to all the aeration. A lot of people don't leave the spillover running except when they want it to run.

Also, if you want to use the Spa, with the heater on, then you will dumping hot water into the pool, which I would think would making heating the Spa harder. (I don't have a Spa, so I'm no expert here)

And finally, if you are in the Spa mode, all the chorine that is generated by the IC40 will be pumped into the confined space of the Spa, where you are sitting. I suspect Pentair designed it the way they did to prevent you from bathing in chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.