pumps seem to turn on randomly screenlogic/intellitouch

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I have a new intellitouch/screenlogic install that appears to be having some random oddities. I have the screenlogic software installed on two windows PC's, Two android phones, and an android tablet. I use all of these devices randomly to control the pool for things like turning on/off spa, water features/lights.

I have set up my programs to run the pump four times throughout day for 30 min on low speed, and 1.5h on high speed from 4:30am to 6am.

For two days now, I've heard the pool running on high at 7am, even though a schedule isn't set for that time. I verified today the time was set correctly, although the DST checkbox was checked and we don't do DST in Arizona. So I unchecked the box. This may be the problem, although the time was correctly set this morning.

I feel like I have this issue at other times as well, and am wondering if using multiple devices has some sort of conflict with accurately controlling the system. Has anyone experienced odd issues with the screenlogic?

I was really excited about screenlogic, but after using the system for about a week I am less than impressed. The software interface is very poorly written.

-J

J,

ScreenLogic appears to work very well on my PC, but on the phone, not so much. Of course that could be some user setup issue, as I really never use the phone app.

I doubt that the DST set up would be an issue unless the actual time was off an hour.

My only suggests would be:

1. Select "Settings" and confirm that all your schedules are what you think they are. (I suspect you have already done this).

2. Select "Intelliflo Pool" at the time the pump is running at 7 am and see what circuit is Green (on) so you at least know what is telling the pump to run.

3. Select "Delays/Alerts" when the pump is running at 7 am and see if anything shows up, like Freeze warnings. (I know it is not anywhere near freezing in AZ)

You may not like the way ScreenLogic is written, but try programming or troubleshooting using the panel and you will suddenly love it.. :cool:

Jim R.

Is the app "running" on all those devices at the same time? try closing the app on everything except when you want to control something and only start the app on that one device.

I havent heard of a conflict like that before, but i also haven't heard of someone running the app on so many devices either. I suppose it shouldn't make a difference, but you never know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.