EasyTouch Programming - Run Pool Program for 1 hour - Egg Timer

mgmoore7

Bronze Supporter
May 9, 2015
Land O Lakes, FL
Have EasyTouch 8 with Indoor Control Panel

I run my pool 10-5pm normally.
I check my chemicals usually around 8pm.
If I need to add Muratic Acid or Chlorine to supplement the SWG, I would like to run the pool for 1 hour.

What are the steps to set an Egg Timer to run the pool for 1 hour. I would like it to be on a AUX button that is available.

Thanks, I have tried and I am must be missing something.

Matt,

If you had ScreenLogic 2 it would take about 30 seconds to do it. :D

I've gotten so used to using it I can't remember the process off the top of my head. If you don't get an answer tonight, I'll go out tomorrow and try it the old fashioned way and let you know the steps.

Does your EasyTouch have "Feature Circuits"??

Jim R.

Create a new feature circuit:

Settings> circuit names> select unused feature#> Chemicals (or whatever you want it to be called).

Settings> Intelliflo> pump#1> speeds> scroll to Chemicals -push select> set the speed you would like (ie:3200).

Schedules> Chemicals> Mode:egg timer> set to 1 hour

Sit at computer> www.sunplay.com> screenlogic 2> Buy now> EasyTouch made Easy

Thanks for the links to the docs. I have read them. I have been successful in the past but just missing something this time since I setup a AUX button with a 6 hour egg timer and higher speed for my vacuum.

Settings> circuit names> select unused feature#> Chemicals (or whatever you want it to be called).

Settings> Intelliflo> pump#1> speeds> scroll to Chemicals -push select> set the speed you would like (ie:3200).

bdavis, thanks, I will give it another try tonight using these steps. Now if I want to assign this to a AUX button?

I will provide my address so that you can send me $369.90. :)

screenlogic.jpg

The aux circuits are listed in the same menu as the feature circuits are so just choose your Aux ## that you want. What are you trying to power during this time?

Call the $369 a wash for our advice and experience...I guess you are back to square one.

The programming ability alone with Screenlogic is worth the money. I had to manually program and ET a little while back and couldn't believe how long it took to do the simplest things.

The aux circuits are listed in the same menu as the feature circuits are so just choose your Aux ## that you want. What are you trying to power during this time?

Call the $369 a wash for our advice and experience...I guess you are back to square one.

The programming ability alone with Screenlogic is worth the money. I had to manually program and ET a little while back and couldn't believe how long it took to do the simplest things.

Thanks. :)

Seems simple. I just want to the pump to come on for 1 hour on demand outside of the normal schedule. If I just press "P" to run the Pool program it will run until the end of next schedule unless I remember to run it off. In the common scenario that I have, I would be running the pump and SWG for an extra 10 + hours if I forget to turn it off. Recently, I did this, then had to shut off the SWG for a day and then forgot to turn it back on and it led to needing a SLAM. All I needed was a 1 hour egg timer that is easy to execute. Running the SWG for an extra hour is not a issue. :) Right now, I need to do this 2-3 times a week to add acid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hit MENU/scroll to schedules hit select. scroll to which component you wish to egg time, hit select, scroll through existing schedules until you create a new one, hit select, "schedule" will begin to flash. scroll till you see "egg timer", hit select, scroll to desired hours, hit select, scroll to desired min, hit select, then hit menu three times, and you're done. Whenever you hit that aux, it will run for the time you selected, and then turn off (egg timer).

If you do it several times, i'll bet you can do it (the programming) in less than 30 seconds...

While screen logic is a nice "luxury", it is hardly a necessity for ease of programming. I would also dare to say that you can get along without the use of feature circuits most of the time as well. Unless of course you wish to combine several commands, in which case it is useful, requiring just a single button push to accomplish the task(s).

Hit MENU/scroll to schedules hit select. scroll to which component you wish to egg time, hit select, scroll through existing schedules until you create a new one, hit select, "schedule" will begin to flash. scroll till you see "egg timer", hit select, scroll to desired hours, hit select, scroll to desired min, hit select, then hit menu three times, and you're done. Whenever you hit that aux, it will run for the time you selected, and then turn off (egg timer).

If you do it several times, i'll bet you can do it (the programming) in less than 30 seconds...

While screen logic is a nice "luxury", it is hardly a necessity for ease of programming. I would also dare to say that you can get along without the use of feature circuits most of the time as well. Unless of course you wish to combine several commands, in which case it is useful, requiring just a single button push to accomplish the task(s).

Ok, so I did this and the Aux button turns on and off after the 5 min that I have set but it has no impact on the Pool program starting or stopping. I tried by starting the Pool program 1st and then pressing the Aux Button designated. The light went off after 5 min but the pump continued.

I am about to pull my hair out. :) I have tried so many things, probably working against each other now.

Trying this exactly now. Waiting the 5 min. :) Just set it to a Feature for now, not a Aux button.

Ok, so I did this and the Aux button turns on and off after the 5 min that I have set but it has no impact on the Pool program starting or stopping.
Correct, it is working properly

I tried by starting the Pool program 1st and then pressing the Aux Button designated. The light went off after 5 min but the pump continued.
I'm confused, why would you want to start an egg timer run when the pump is already running? I must have mis-understood you. I thought you wanted to be able to run the (filter) pump for a set period of time AFTER the pumps' program had run for the day, and shut off?
Note: My instructions were to create the egg timer for the filter (pool) circuit, not for another (spare aux) circuit, yes?

Correct, it is working properly

I'm confused, why would you want to start an egg timer run when the pump is already running? I must have mis-understood you. I thought you wanted to be able to run the (filter) pump for a set period of time AFTER the pumps' program had run for the day, and shut off?
Note: My instructions were to create the egg timer for the filter (pool) circuit, not for another (spare aux) circuit, yes?

I was just trying any thing. When I press the Aux or Turn on the Feature (tried both ways). The timer works but it is not turnning on the pump even though, the Pump speed is set to the Feature or Aux.

I am going to try to erase everything and start again.

You keep saying AUX. Do you mean POOL? Or are you trying to set the egg timer to an extra, or unused AUX? You must do this to POOL.

Ok, I finally got it after I read this. When outside of the primary schedule of 8-5, if there is a 2nd egg timer on Pool, then when I press Pool it will use the egg timer schedule. I just tested it and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for hanging in with me. Seems simple now. :) :brickwall:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.