I can't seem to get rid of my slight green pool water. Here's my levels:

Free available chlorine: 3.83
Total Chlorine: 3.83
Combined chlorine: 0.2
Alkalinity: 70
Hardness: 440
CYA: 45
Ph: 7.6

My water is super hard where I live. I have a TDS meter and it reads 550 coming out of the tap. So, I don't know if that has anything to do with my haziness.

I keep cleaning my cartridge filter daily and I leave the pump running full time.

My instinct is telling me to slam the pool like I have read on the forum. Though, I am a bit concerned about raising the chlorine ppm to 20 like suggested to on this site.

Any tips or ideas?

Your instinct is right. If it's green that means there is living algae in the pool. The only way to eliminate that is to kill it and let the pump filter it out. Grab the bleach (or liquid chlorine if you can get a good price on it) and get to mixing.

Yes, you need to SLAM to kill the algae. There is no risk with raising FC to shock level for your CYA. Shock level for your CYA actually has less active chlorine that 1 ppm of chlorine with no CYA.

Here is the process, SLAM Process

I can't seem to get rid of my slight green pool water. Here's my levels:

Free available chlorine: 3.83
Total Chlorine: 3.83
Combined chlorine: 0.2
Alkalinity: 70
Hardness: 440
CYA: 45
Ph: 7.6

My water is super hard where I live. I have a TDS meter and it reads 550 coming out of the tap. So, I don't know if that has anything to do with my haziness.

I keep cleaning my cartridge filter daily and I leave the pump running full time.

My instinct is telling me to slam the pool like I have read on the forum. Though, I am a bit concerned about raising the chlorine ppm to 20 like suggested to on this site.

Any tips or ideas?

I have couple questions:
- what did you use to measure FC with 3 significant digits?
- how do you chlorinate your water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.