Not sure where to start

Hi there

The answer to clearing your pool of algae is to follow the SLAM process. Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Your chlorine is too low for your CYA which is probably why you have algae. Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

I don't believe the test kit you have includes the FAS-DPD chlorine test that you need to measure higher FC levels required for SLAM. One can be ordered from tftestkits.net.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
By not adding enough chlorine, you are playing patty cake with the organics in your pool. They will play that game with you forever. It's only when you hit them with a constant sledgehammer (FC 28) that you can successfully clear your pool.

Reread the SLAM article......you are not doing it yet.

You are right at the cusp of TFP recommendations for swimming. If it were me? I would swim! Just wear old suits just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

TFP recommends being below shock level but above minimum, btw, with a pH of between 7.2-7.8, and water clear enough to see a swimmer in trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.