forward negative edge

Not me, but I think they are crazy awesome, give you a bonus kiddie pool and would love to see you build one (so I can watch).

I think it depends on what you want to see and what your background looks like. As an example, you would most likely not have an infinity edge look. You will see the 12" or so of the ledge because it will angled down into the pool. My background was water so I wanted to appear as if water was going over the infinity edge into the bigger body of water.

Thank you, your pool and view is amazing. I do not have a water view so I would see the negative edge, edge would be in the deep end of pool(left to right) not front to back. If that makes any sense at all and the PB was using that as a cool water feature. But said it cost 25K. If no edge, we could do a out of ground pool wall and put stools in pool and stools out of the pool for a little bar area. We are working with a slight slope so trying to come up with cool ideas besides just making it flat with walls/dirt. I actually want to use it.

lucas33
For what its worth, the $25k is a reasonable cost for this feature. They are actually adding a (mini pool) or holding tank for the water to circulate through. It should have its own variable speed pump to control flow over the infinity edge. The more flow, the higher the noise of the water falling below. If you have children, they could use this for a smaller pool. You could put bar stools in the holding tank and use the wall for a table. You could do a number of different things if you want to incur the additional cost.
If not, I have added a couple of pictures of the feature I have on both sides of the raised walls of my pool. They are mini water falls on either side of the pool.

Not me, but I think they are crazy awesome, give you a bonus kiddie pool and would love to see you build one (so I can watch).

The catch basin is usually not designed for use by swimmers and should not be used by swimmers unless specifically designed for that purpose. The suction is usually all main drains and a big pump which creates a safety hazard for swimmers.

We did one with a channel drain that I did design for small swimmers. The suction is dispersed through three 2" pipes along the channel and I feel quite comfortable with the setup. The toddlers and our small dog love it and the basin faces our house.

basin today.jpg

Good luck on your project. Cheers.

Jaimee

We did one with a channel drain that I did design for small swimmers. The suction is dispersed through three 2" pipes along the channel and I feel quite comfortable with the setup. The toddlers and our small dog love it and the basin faces our house.

View attachment 53631

Good luck on your project. Cheers.

Jaimee

Great solution Jaimee. I have 3 drains in mine to also alleviate any issues with suction.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.