Are these numbers safe to swim in?

Those test results don't look right. How are you getting them?

PS - You have too many threads started. It is difficult to follow you around. Please keep your thoughts and questions all under this thread.

Those test results don't look right. How are you getting them?

PS - You have too many threads started. It is difficult to follow you around. Please keep your thoughts and questions all under this thread.

I'm getting them from the hardware store because my TF100 kit won't be here until Monday.

Sorry for the multiple threads. On other forums, they want a new thread for every question.

Just got my TF100 kit in the mail. Here's the numbers.

FC 21
CC 1
CH 25
TA 60
CYA 50

So according to these numbers, I'm still at shock level and we still can't swim. Starting to get antsy. It's been 5 days since I "shocked" it in the amount that the pool store told me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So when my FC measured st 21, that wasn't over SLAM level? I'm so confused.

The water is clear now. I think the cloudiness was because I used powdered "shock" that the pool store recommended, and way more of it than I needed. I've learned my pool store lesson.

So when my FC measured st 21, that wasn't over SLAM level? I'm so confused.
By the time you get ready to swim, your FC will be less than 20 ppm. Lightning guy is experienced enough to know that so he tells you you are OK.

You need to get more familiar with the testing and what the numbers mean. The difference between 20 and 21 is negligible.

By the time you get ready to swim, your FC will be less than 20 ppm. Lightning guy is experienced enough to know that so he tells you you are OK.

You need to get more familiar with the testing and what the numbers mean. The difference between 20 and 21 is negligible.

Thank you. I wasn't second guessing him, I was second guessing myself. I thought I was interpreting my numbers incorrectly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.