1st test results from TF 100 help

Aug 6, 2016
Houston
Hello, my pool was off for a couple days as I was waiting for a part to come in. (lid for filter housing) Pool turned green so I figured this was a good time to start the TFP method. I scrubbed & shocked the pool & installed a new pool filter. Here are the my 1st test results.

FC - 1
CC - 1.5
pH - 7-7.1
TA - 80
CH - 350
CYA - 0

I did the CYA test 3 times with the same results. I could fully see the black bubble. Pool is looking much better but is still cloudy.
What do these results mean and what do I do next?
Thanks in advance for your help, Jenn

Fc is wayyy low. Need to add chlorine
CC is high- means something is in the water (algae)
PH is perfect to slam
TA is perfect
CH looks good
CYA is zip... Need to add stabilizer.. not sure if any is actually in there since the test doesn't read below 30... was the test sample cloudy at all?

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

As important as the results, knowing what they mean and what to do about it is paramoiunt. Start by reading "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

Yes, waist level, straight down. Leslie's said it was low two weeks ago & said I should add a gallon of CYA but erring on the side of caution I added only about 1/4 to 1/2 a gallon.
Chlorine lid was put on way to tight, I just got someone to open it for me today & added chlorine

Ok so you've got some, just don't know how much at the moment... According to pool math 1/2 gal would be about 10 cya... so if you truly started at 0, then you should be close to 10. Still need to raise it to about 30 but I would go in steps until you get there... Painfully slow since it could take 48 hours to register after an addition. You definitely don't want to over shoot the level.

How are you adding chlorine? Liquid? pucks? Bleach?

I just added the rest of the gallon of CYA this afternoon.

I am using pucks. I just put 4 in today. I'm not opposed to switching what I use for chlorine. Any suggestions. I just read that liquid is better. But not sure what to buy or how or where to add it.

Ok..so theoretically you should be around 20. Every puck you add, adds more cya. You can never tell how much so we try not to use them. We use bleach for chlorine additions.. much easier to be accurate and we're not adding anything else. Plus it's much cheaper in the long run...
Bleach, stabilzer and muratic acid are your best friends.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.