Help need advice green pool

We have been fightin algae all summer. We get our pool cloudy white and then it turns green again. All our numbers when the water is tested at the pool store (I know). Show normal levels except the chlorine is zero. We have tried to slam it but we are waiting on the test kit and it won't be here til Tuesday. We have dumped 1600 oz bleach three times and our chlorine level is still showing at zero to 3. Not sure what to do now. Our pool is inground vinyl 33000 gallons on a salt water generator. (Hayward) Is there anything we can do now? I am so frustrated. I have brushed this pool so much this season my bis and tris are getting overworked! Thanks! We want to fire the pool store!

Sounds like you are on the right track.

This is the kind of frustrating treadmill folks end up on with bad pool store advice.

You add enough chlorine to kill 50% of the algae - and then let it grow back. And then do it again, and again, and again.

The methods here are designed to kill 100% of the algae - and then keep enough FC in the water to never let algae spore to take hold in the pool.

In a pinch, you can get a CYA test in the HTH 6-way test kit from Wal Mart. Once you know your CYA, then you'll know what your target SLAM level should be and you can use PoolMath to figure out how much bleach to add at least the first time. You'll also know if your CYA is so high that you'll need to drain and replace some water, and you can get that started if necessary.

After that though, since your target will almost certainly be over 5 ppm, you'll be flying blind until you get the FAS-DPD test with your K-2006.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.