Aug 18, 2016
Keizer, Oregon
I found TFP while trying to determine how to set up my SWG system and have found it very helpful.

I am an avid swimmer, but perhaps unconventional. I don't like chemicals and given the option, I would swim in a nice, clean lake or river. However, since that is not practical, I have opted for a SWG, hoping that will minimize the amount of harsh chemicals I need to use. I have a fairly small Intex Ultra-frame pool and have rigged up a rather hokey, but highly effective "swim in place" system. I love being able to "lap swim" in the comfort of my own backyard and hope to eventually find a way to inexpensively make the pool a 3 season situation so I can swim most of the year.

Hey there Swiminplace :)

Where is Keizer? Can you please add more to that locale- it helps us by knowing your climate. :) Thanks!

We love our SWG! I barely have to do more than some testing and tweaking now and then. It produces more chlorine than I need so that should extend its lifespan.

You'll still need some CYA, y'know? Anything else is on an "as needs" basis, which is good since it limits the products one is putting in their pool.

Glad to have ya here!

Yippee :flower:

Welcome to TFP!

TFPers aren't fans of unneeded chemicals either, we love using as little as possible- but whether from an SWG or the grocery store bleach aisle, chlorine is chlorine.

I'd love to see more about your DIY endless pool.