Jul 4, 2016
San Jose
Hi, my new SWG has worked for a year, but now indicates "no flow" light. Its an aquarite/goldline/hayward.

I pulled the sensor. It looks magnetic:

Flow Switch Replacement for Hayward Salt Systems

I pulled the sensor and plugged the opening. I turned the pump on, then hand closed the flow switch and opened it. No change.
Next step is to open the front plate and wiggle the plug. The flow is fine, just changed the filter, the flow to the pool is rapid,
there is only one tube to the pool and it is on it.

Any suggestions before I drop 32 bucks for a new one?

Thanks,

Scott Franco

Don't you want to take advantage of the 3 yr warranty?

The flow switch is similar to a light switch (ON/OFF). Do you have access to a DVM to probe? Or temporarily bypass the switch using a 2 wire telephone extension cord to test. Cut the other end, twist together the 2 wire, insulate with electrical tape and plug it in. Turn on the pump. If it works then you know the switch is bad. If not, then you need to dig deeper into the Main board or call for warranty.

Good luck!

Don't you want to take advantage of the 3 yr warranty?

The flow switch is similar to a light switch (ON/OFF). Do you have access to a DVM to probe? Or temporarily bypass the switch using a 2 wire telephone extension cord to test. Cut the other end, twist together the 2 wire, insulate with electrical tape and plug it in. Turn on the pump. If it works then you know the switch is bad. If not, then you need to dig deeper into the Main board or call for warranty.

Good luck!

So sounds like it is a reed switch driven by a magnet. Will try ohming it out, and the bypass thing.

The 3 year warranty probably has passed. I have a bad habit of buying pool things then letting them sit until I get around to installing them. My bad.

Thanks for the good info!

Scott

So sounds like it is a reed switch driven by a magnet. Will try ohming it out, and the bypass thing.

The 3 year warranty probably has passed. I have a bad habit of buying pool things then letting them sit until I get around to installing them. My bad.

Thanks for the good info!

Scott

Following up, I found the line to the flow sensor was chopped. I'd like to blame it on the rat that has been hanging out in the pool equipment shed, but the cut looks too mechanical for that. It is tie wrapped out of the way, but I have been doing work on the plumbing, so clearly I did it somehow.

I'm going to take the opportunity to shorten it as well, its like 3 yards of line for the 2 foot run I need.

Thanks again for the help.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.