New Pump Shutting down

Rixter

Aug 17, 2016
Plattsville
Hello all, new member to TFP.

I recently ( 2 weeks ago) had a new Hayward Super Pump VS installed. Worked great until today. I vacuumed the pool, turned off the pump, emptied basket, topped up with water, and when I turned the pump back on, it gets up to 400 rpm and shuts off. Does it everytime I try, again and again, 400 rpm and shuts down. No leaks, all new plumbing installed professionally, including the filter as well. All connections are tight, no leaks, pump holding water, no error codes on pump, impeller is clear. Other than calling a tech, I dont know what else to do.Please help

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: That pump is too new to be having problems already, but sometimes it happens. Assuming there is no obstruction in the suction line from your vacuuming, you've ruled-out many of the typical hit-list items already. Hopefully the wiring was done correctly when installed. That's about the only thing I could think of you didn't already mention. I suspect Hayward should honor any repair or replacement issues if needed. In the meantime, do what you can to add bleach periodically just to keep the water from getting stagnant and developing algae. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.