Pentair VS Pump Runs Continuosly

Aug 17, 2016
Southern California
Just had a new Pool installed and since we have turned on the equipment my pentair vs filter pump runs continuously regardless of whether or not it is programmed to do so. I currently have only 2 schedules running (8am-1pm, and a high speed from 1pm-230pm). It is attached to the EZ touch 8 automation system, but I cannot figure out why it is continuing to run when not on a set program. Its runs at low speed and will automatically flip my valves as well that control the pool/spa filtering. Any ideas what I should be looking for?

Try this..

Press the mode button and put the system in the Service Mode. The pump should stop. If it does that is a pretty good indication that the pump is getting the commands to run from your EasyTouch. (Take it out of Service mode)

That leaves programming. Do you have Screen Logic? If so, it will make troubleshooting a lot easier.

Just so I understand..... besides the pump running continuously, it also switches between the Pool and Spa by itself, without any outside input? Does in always run at low speed or does it switch to high speed at 1 pm or any other time?

Tell us more.. What other schedules or features are you using?

Regards,

Jim R.

If I put it into service mode the pump does shut off and yes I am using the screen logix system. The only time it runs at high speed I'd during the schedule I have programmed or if I turn high speed on manually if I adding chems. And yes while it is running in middle of night when there is no schedule telling it to run, it runs and every 15 minutes will switch between the pool and spa by rotating the electric valves. I am not using any other features or schedules at this time. That's why I'm confused on what's telling it to do this.

Do you have some kind of cleaner mode set up? Sounds to me like you have scheduled an in-floor cleaning system?

Open screen Logic and go to the 2nd programming page.. Should say (Step 2 of 5) at the top..

Check to see if anything has a Circuit Function other than Spa, Pool, or Generic. Let me know what it is. If you see anything that says Master Cleaner or In-floor System change it to Generic and see if that fixes your problem.

Jim R.

On second thought.. I think your automation thinks the pool is in the freeze mode. Go into ScreenLogic,, same page, and change any "yes" under Freeze mode to "off".

We can turn freeze mode on again once we see if that is the issue..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.