Ducks...

Beez

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2009
Dallas, TX
Edited to remove profanity. Please don't evade the profanity filter - MikeInTN

I'm sorry, but I just have to rant to somebody who I know will understand my distress...

My patience has ended with this duck that has called my pool his lounge. First time they came I thought it was cute. Then I noticed the duck poo. Poo on the deck. Poo in my pool. Waaay too much duck poo for my taste.

So I began by running them off. Then only the male returned, so I started throwing things at him. Then yelling and more throwing...it ain't working. :rant:

Time to break out the BB gun...

...sayonara quacker...

I do feel your pain. I had a pair showing up as well. Male disappeared, and finally ran the female off. They can sure make a big mess in a little bit of time, for sure.

Make sure your neighbors don't see you when you apply the pellet gun method. In some yellow-bellied sissyfrassed communities, pellet guns are a no-no, and can be considered hunting ducks out of season. :roll:

I have the same problem. Same pair for the last 5 years. The dog doesn't even scare them off. Threw 3 beach balls in the pool. They don't mind them either. :rant: My wife went outside the other morning and 6 squatted around the spa. Could of swore they asked her when the spa was going to fired up.

Get some cheap, heavy fishing line and run it back and forth above the pool in a zig-zag pattern. Connect it to trees, fences or whatever. If you can put it high enough, you don't have to worry about walking into it.

It makes the ducks feel like they are trapped, because they know there is something up there that could keep them from flying away if they are scared.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
maybe a modified version of this might help?

1orime.gif

Beez said:
[attachment=0:2jhbixld]lil-guard-duck.jpg[/attachment:2jhbixld]

A bbgun is overkill.

When I had this problem a rubber band gun was enough to drive them away without hurting them in any permanent fashion.

The dog worked even better- they really didnt feel like sharing the pool with him.

Uncle Dave

Davegvg said:
When I had this problem a rubber band gun was enough to drive them away without hurting them in any permanent fashion.
They must grow 'em different out there, cuz ain't no rubber band gonna deter our ducks! :lol: The problem is not chasing them away, but keeping them away. Dogs are only a solution if they live outside. Mine don't.

However, last year I might have stumbled onto a less drastic solution. I will try it again this year and report back with results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.