Jandy Watercolor LED Light Problem

djb

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
Mt. Pleasant, SC
I have two large Jandy Watercolor LED 120V lights wired to a single simple switch. One of the lights works normally and the other one turns off every 15 minutes or so, and then comes back on after a few minutes. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Do you think I need to replace the light engine? That is a $500 to $600 item!

I think it's likely the driver. Since it is such a large expense if you are willing to to a bit of work you could swap the drivers between the two lights assuming they are the same and see if the problem moves that should give you a definitive answer.

oh and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome, atttech-2..

Good suggestion to swap the light drivers (I think they call them "light engine PCB's") to see if the problem follows. I suspect it will. I will need to pick up a couple of new gaskets for that as the manual says to never reuse a gasket after opening a light. That can't cost too much, can it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.