Pool liner discoloration in deep end

Hello! I recently purchased a home with a pool. After clearing from a DARK green, I'm seeing a discoloration in the pool liner, which exists only in the deep end. I've tried brushing and even swimming down and scrubbing, and it won't come off.

Is this something that can be fixed? Certain chemicals perhaps? Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

20160814_180154.jpg

Get a PVC coupling or some other kind of plastic ring and a plain old vitamin C tablet. Swim down and place the ring on the bottom and the tablet inside. You can do it without the ring, but it may go sailing away when you swim back to the top. Wait about 15 minutes and see if the liner lightens where the tablet was.

If it does, you may have metal issues. If it doesn't, it could either be organic staining or mold on the back side of the liner. Organic staining will lighten over time with maintained chlorine levels. Higher levels will lighten it faster. Mold on the outside is a tough issue, and that is what it looks like to me from the picture. I hope not.

Do you have any photos of how it looked before you cleaned it that you can post ??
What type of material did you get off the bottom when cleaning, leaves, animals, ... ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.