New Pool Build.. Soon Tampa Area

Aug 17, 2016
Florida
I am going to post photo's because it'd be a lot to write out, we chose a luxury builder because..well as my girlfriend tells me, i am crazy and obsessed with having an infinity pool. We live on a lake, i mean why not? I've gone back and forth honestly over the last 3 weeks...Cold feet as i guess you would say. Recently i had them drop it 20 k by shortening up some things and reducing weirwall by 2 feet etc.. Here is some older pictures from the 3d before they modified it a little it.2.jpg1.jpg we removed the fireplace and were going with a tv wall down the line...

Pebble tec finish level 2 colors.. and vidrpur glass for the weir wall. Has anyone had a weirwall with these tiles before? I love the look of black on the wall..I am just concerned that the glass tiles "grout" area will be visible.I see a lot of weirwalls that look sheen.I also want to assure it has the very knife edge look that i am going for. We're around 145k because i got greedy and wanted another fire feature bowl out on the end of the weirwall side.

With all this being said.I am still conflicted, it's a lot f money for a pool. And i am unsure how much it will impact my home's value (600kish now).

i love the design! very nicely done. And the deck space and entertainment areas are amazing. I am in Florida as well, so i was surprised to see the multi-level layout. Do you actually have a slope on your lot or are you going to create one? The only thing i dont LOVE about this design is the limited entry/exit access points to the pool. Your entrance is perfectly located, but it is small.I would consider moving the spa to the left end of the pool and adding another set of matching steps where the spa currently is. Or alternatively, adding steps to the left end of the pool (maybe they are there already but just cant see them due to the detailed shade of the trees in the design?).

As for resale value, this is something I gave a lot of thought to as well as we are doing a $35K covered patio addition on top of our pool. I spoke to a few realtor and appraiser friends and the answer wasnt a great one. You may get $20-30K back in equity from the pool and another $10K or so for outdoor living space but everything above that is the cost of your satisfaction and enjoyment. Pools and patios are table stakes here in Florida. Your beautiful design may just be a difference maker when buyers are considering like-priced homes.

Best of luck with the build. It will be amazing.

i love the design! very nicely done. And the deck space and entertainment areas are amazing. I am in Florida as well, so i was surprised to see the multi-level layout. Do you actually have a slope on your lot or are you going to create one? The only thing i dont LOVE about this design is the limited entry/exit access points to the pool. Your entrance is perfectly located, but it is small.I would consider moving the spa to the left end of the pool and adding another set of matching steps where the spa currently is. Or alternatively, adding steps to the left end of the pool (maybe they are there already but just cant see them due to the detailed shade of the trees in the design?).

As for resale value, this is something I gave a lot of thought to as well as we are doing a $35K covered patio addition on top of our pool. I spoke to a few realtor and appraiser friends and the answer wasnt a great one. You may get $20-30K back in equity from the pool and another $10K or so for outdoor living space but everything above that is the cost of your satisfaction and enjoyment. Pools and patios are table stakes here in Florida. Your beautiful design may just be a difference maker when buyers are considering like-priced homes.

Best of luck with the build. It will be amazing.
It was my dream when i bought this house. The weirwall will be about 3 feet high and when you walk in our front door, the infinity edge will fall into the lake. So yeah it's a decent slope,which is why it works..The weirwall being 38ish feet now is where i think most of the money is in. And of course the outdoor space stuff isn't cheap, the travertine tile etc. I'll see if i can get a picture of my concept drawing, it's nice. I will run your thoughts by the misses about the pool. I didn't think about the exit until you mentioned it.Sadly we don't have a lot of room because of easement/setback line.So that's why i have a narrow pool opposed to something more free form.I like the slight turn of the edge, they did a great job.

Wow! Beautiful design! I was also surprised to see the multilevel. We're over in the Orlando area but I'm originally from Tampa - whereabouts the Tampa area are you? We are getting ready to build a sports pool (3.5/5.5/3.5) and have a set of steps in each shallow end. What's your depth profile? It seems to be set up as a real party pool for lots of people to gather and socialize so more than one entry/exit might make sense.

We also struggled with the pool cost vs. home value as we are spending a bit more than most in our community. Ultimately, we decided to get what we wanted to be able to enjoy our pool and outdoor area - we're doing this for us and our kids and that "feeling" (you know the feeling, right?) that you get walking out onto your patio to the sight and sound of water that makes you instantly relax. ;)

Very very nice design.

Something to consider - I've read a lot of people do not end up using the attached spa - but they add a lot to the pool cost.

You could probably remove it and make room for 2 more loungers on the tanning ledge and see how much that drops the price.

Like others mentioned above - home value wise you are looking at maybe 30-50k raise in appraisal price.

Also when you do end up wanting to sell, you can always list at a much higher price than any appraisal and hope someone falls in love with it.

Here is the pool equipment proposed... i think he mentioned one of the pumps is 3hp not 2hp.. But

2HP JANDY FLo PRO (filter)
2 hp jandy floo pro pump (spa jets)
2 hp jandy floo pro pump (infinity edge)
2hp air blower for spa
jandy legacy heater 400,000 BTU
jandy cl 340 cartridge filter
jandy aqua pure salt chlorine generatorjandy aqua -link rs8 with aqua pure
jandy iaqua-link
auto filter and overflow
6x savi melody LED pool lights
2x 3-way never lube vale 2^ x 2.5
4x 2-way never lube vale 2^ x 2.5
8x waterway 3' spa jets with custom fittings
electrical connection and programming
equipment set
sales tax on equipment
misc fittings

LOVE it! WOW! I would love to see a picture of the real yard as it is now.

It would be easy to put a set of steps to the right of the swim up bar (NICE touch with that!)

:kim:

Our goal is for WOW. s othat's nice to hear. If we cannot get a wow, than it wasn't worth it lol. The weirwall curves around to right up against the swim up bar.So it also is on the side. so you'll have the water feature on the side as well. Here is the backyard when we bought the house.
4902dddd.jpg
When we can afford it, we plan on putting in the tv wall as designed and the kitchen.These aren't being done right now.. We also do plan on redoing the top of our outdoor lania, which has no beams except on the ends of the lanai. I bought this house with the idea of putting in a long infinity pool, i wasn't aware how expensive 40+ foot weirwalls were.. heh vcw.jpgcxscw.jpg

great views! what a perfect layout. I am guessing your front door is behind you in the second picture? If so, that view and the pool are going to smack you in the face when you walk in!!!

do you know approx how big (from house to roof line) the largest part of your lanai is? We are adding a 16' one to our home and trying to get an idea of how much space it actually is and how much of a view will be blocked by the roofline from inside. Assuming your lanai roof is also approx 10' being in FL?

My only dilemma is... The spa can be built into the wall, so that 2 sides spill over instead of the current knife edge 4 side spill over. People i've asked, didn't think it was that big of a deal to be built into the wall with 2 side spill over... However, i kinda like the 4 side spill over knife edge look of it. it's a $1500 difference if i choose 4 over 2 side spillover... ugh!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
great views! what a perfect layout. I am guessing your front door is behind you in the second picture? If so, that view and the pool are going to smack you in the face when you walk in!!!

do you know approx how big (from house to roof line) the largest part of your lanai is? We are adding a 16' one to our home and trying to get an idea of how much space it actually is and how much of a view will be blocked by the roofline from inside. Assuming your lanai roof is also approx 10' being in FL?

Yeah that's the front door area.
I am not sure your question.Do you mean from the sliding glass doors to the lanai roof outside? I think the heigh of the lanai is about 14-16 feet, and i'd say the door jam area of the sliding glass doors is about 10 feet.

Once the steel is done get your tape measure and make sure everything is close to proper size. Add about 6" for gunite and plaster. Is it long, wide, deep, etc enough? Think about where the skimmer face will be. The water will be halfway up to that.

:kim:

5d65616388091113c0fcb1f2e9a2c37e.jpg
4dab286603b43f83b0ae1d00267ec076.jpg
bb00307db519dc7879ef3f97dc474e05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concrete in

ce584acfc2f6e995c1daa07b50235caf.jpg
cf2089688d5e573c564c0d31fe51b6e2.jpg
fc5d3fd79c002bc04d88ad7dd9573add.jpg

I'm using ryan hughes design as designer and builder. Ryanhughesdesign.com.com

Expensive but. If I am doing a infinity I want the best in the area. He has been out here daily.

Now to figure out which frigging tile.. We are thinking ebano which I believe is an ezarri product. I almost thought about lightstream but the lead time would put us after the new year. Look up light steam glass tiles. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me see if these tiled spa pics work... we had to wait on tile from Spain, since it was not in stock in USA..

- - - Updated - - -

15068958_10155626867033682_9065117611157286749_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Peeble tec is expected on the 13th.. pool filling begins on 16th. Black pearl :)
As seen in the pic, i decided to do sundeck in pearl tile, I also ordered on black friday deal 2 Ledgeloungers, not sure if they'll make christmas or not. Sod expected the week before christmas. And fence goes up as well then inspection etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.