Pool cloudy after 3 straight days of rain

Jul 5, 2016
Western Ohio
Pool has turned murky after raining for 3 days straight. Tested FC/CC around noon today then the rest of the numbers a few hours later to make sure there wasn't something off:

FC 3.5
CC 0
CYA 30
TA 110
CH 300

With so much cloud cover and the lower temps FC hasn't seemed to drift lower very much so I don't think it's dipped low enough to let algae bloom, but maybe I'm incorrect. I took the off trippers off the pump timer to let it run 24/7 and I don't see any areas where there could be runoff into the pool for debris to make it cloudy. I took FC up to shock level just to be thorough, but curious if there is something else I should be thinking about other than just running the pump continuously until it clears up?

Pool has turned murky after raining for 3 days straight. Tested FC/CC around noon today then the rest of the numbers a few hours later to make sure there wasn't something off:

FC 3.5
CC 0
CYA 30
TA 110
CH 300

With so much cloud cover and the lower temps FC hasn't seemed to drift lower very much so I don't think it's dipped low enough to let algae bloom, but maybe I'm incorrect. I took the off trippers off the pump timer to let it run 24/7 and I don't see any areas where there could be runoff into the pool for debris to make it cloudy. I took FC up to shock level just to be thorough, but curious if there is something else I should be thinking about other than just running the pump continuously until it clears up?

you can check FC overnight loss to make sure the cloudiness is not organic in nature.

Yeah, I don't think any run-off got in your pool......it's really not too bad.

If it was my pool, I would run the pump 24/7 and elevate your FC to twice normal and keep it there for a couple of days. Brush and vacuum and clean your filter if necessary......I think it will clear right up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.