Jandy Aquapure Apure1400

azle

Jun 1, 2009
Azle Texas
Installed 08-01-04, tested the continuity between the three poles and had directional continuity from middle to the outside and continuity between the two outer poles. I could only get continuity from inner to outer one way ( - on one + on the other not the opposite way) continuity between the outer poles. The middle pole is black and shows slight melting of the low voltage cord. Voltage check with the system on and running was 24.2v. the melting occurred after a 24hr boost? I acid wash regularly as needed. I am experiencing low chlorine output, I think I may have figured it out I believe my salt is too low but would like other opinions.

Salt 2700ppm
FC 1.5
PH 7.8 MAINTENANCE IS A STRUGGLE!
CYA 70
HARDNESS 525
ALK 100

Let me have it guys/gals PLEASE

Your salt is low, and that might well have something to do with your low chlorine output. But it wouldn't have anything to do with the low voltage cable partially melting. The low voltage cable can partially melt if there is a bad connection. I would remove the connector (with the system off) and clean all the contacts.

If the SWG was installed in 2004, have you ever replaced the cell? A five year old cell is getting on in years. If it is five years old, do a visual inspection of the cell and see how the edges of the plates look. If some of them are substantially worn away then you are getting close to needing to replace the cell, and that might be the real problem.

Your PH will be easier to maintain if you lower your TA to between 60 and 80.

Your hardness is high, which means it is very important to keep your PH under control. High PH could easily result in calcium scaling.

Here is another question when my cell reverses it removes the ?calcium? and it goes into the pool as white flakes, could i put a piece of panty hose to catch all the flakes. Would this help in lowering my hardness?
My cell looks to be in good condition the connection is loose and I will fix that, over the years i have learned to do ALL my maintenance from motor, pump, filter replacment and repair, where i fail is the winter. I am thinking this year i will build a piece to replace the cell and just put chlorine pucks in the strainers, opening is alway a fiasco! Thanks for all your answers kepp them coming. Anybody know where i can get a new low voltage cord only?

It would be much better if you adjust the water balance, by lowering PH and TA, so you don't have any calcium flakes in the first place. Calcium on the plates lowers the efficiency of the SWG and can lead to problems if some of them end up getting stuck in the SWG instead of coming out into the pool.

Catching the flakes and removing them from the pool will lower your CH level, but only very very slowly.

Killer Water THANKS!
First I ordered a new Aquapure 1400 kit and now it is sitting on the shelf? I got the chemicals right then took the cord off and cut a "V" into the middle terminal, dug the wire out put a new terminal on and WALAA it works fine I even had to turn down the generation % (wife a little upset cost of connecter.50, new cell kit460.00) OOPS. Our cell is five years old so who knows better to be safe than sorry! We also got our new A.O Smith E-motor put it on the pump and placed the other motor on the waterfall, now everything is in great condition! I am still amazed there has not been any flake output in a week or two now. Checked the call the other day and looked like new inside. :party: Thanks Again!

Hello is anyone out there able to refer me to a supplier for the Apure1400 system.

My Aquapure is 10 years old and last year I replace the cell. Now having electronic
problems and thinking of just replacing the entire system. I am wired and ready to
go and was going to use my sort of new cell with new electroncis and saving the
new cell with the system for future replacement.

My thinking is that the front and back boards are several hundred dollars each
and it may be cheaper to just get the whole new system.

Where is the best place to purchase these systems now for the right price.

[email protected]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.