Help with new pool.....

Jun 27, 2016
Indiana
Well I know pool season is almost over, but after a few complications with the pool company, my pool is finally up. I couldn't get anyone to haultimate water in, so I had to fill with my well. Now I have a 24' x 52" red watered pool swamp. Where do I start? I refuse to buy from local pool store since the fiasco. Where is the best to purchase products? What should I be adding to get this water cleared up for maybe a few weeks of use? Thanks.

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

Start by clicking the link below in my signature "Read Before Posting", and following the instructions there. This will help you get the best possible advice.

Next, read: Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

And: TFPC for Beginners (first two posts in that thread)

If you want to save time, order this right away: TFTestkits.net

Keep pump and filter running 24/7 to start cleaning the water. Sounds like you have iron as well, so do some searching in Pool School to learn more about it.

As soon as you get the sense of it all, you need some stabilizer and liquid chlorine in the pool, as soon as possible. You can get it at Walmart. Learn PoolMath (linked at the top of every page) to determine the quantities.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.