HELP..How bad is this. Is this a priority or can I wait a few months until it's coole

Mark R

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2013
Desert Southwest, USA
My tiles are separated, just like 11 of them the ones facing full sun light all day. 14 year old pool. Can it wait until cooler weather

I'll enclose pics

c7b00c74ceab826f4a13dcebbb786ad8.jpg

b548ad13718fa1ebb723b2d9620031d6.jpg

ea215fe779d09c40653ab6ba4bf6aadd.jpg

a6b7d214d37cb2e694b82e6f069e6698.jpg

426ac3dd809cd805101e17ae5ca3dd52.jpg

I'm a little nervous about more possible damage behind if I don't repair right away

Thanks for your insight

sentado na praia com meu iphone 6 via tapatalk

Thanks !

Meanwhile I'll try to keep the water level lower then where the tiles popped. This to me is strange, almost like there was movement behind the cement to crack these tiles. I guess that's possible. Hard to believe that it was from the sun and heat, maybe that's possible too

Thanks !

Meanwhile I'll try to keep the water level lower then where the tiles popped. This to me is strange, almost like there was movement behind the cement to crack these tiles. I guess that's possible. Hard to believe that it was from the sun and heat, maybe that's possible too

It's hard to see on the pictures but can you check if you have expansion joint and if the whole design looks like this: Coping.gif

The idea is that coping is bound to the top of the pool wall but the surrounding deck is not and separated from coping/wall with expansion joint so 2 parts could move relatively to each other. It looks from the first picture that the deck might be pushing on the coping and that would explain why it moved and took the top row of tiles with it.

I had similar problem except at bigger scale- my cantilevered deck (no coping, the deck hangs over the water by 2") was bound to the wall and took about 40' of tiles with it. I consider myself lucky as it didn't put big crack in the pool wall along with them. The crack was big actually but it was mostly horizontal separating top 1" of the wall from the rest of the pool so pool Gods were kind of nice at the end :).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.