Cloudy pool for the first time :-(

Jul 18, 2015
Zeeland MI
Hello, Been a while since I have posted here but I need some help. I cant seem to figure out why my pool is cloudy. I have been using the trouble free pool methods since getting the pool last year. Here is how it started....

About a week and a half ago I blew a breaker while I was gone for the day and the pool got a green buildup on the bottom. I vacuumed and brushed the pool and after running the filter overnight the pool cleared up pretty good. Ever since then the pool has been steadily getting cloudier. All my levels are in check. FC=5 CC=0 Alk= 140 PH= 7.6 CH= 150 CYA=45
I was thinking maybe my sand filter was channeled so I rinsed out the sand last night to reset the sand. After coming home from work today the pool is still cloudy. I have never needed to SLAM before. Do I need to even if my CC is 0 and FC is at a good level?

Did OCLT 2 nights in a row. Less than .5 change for chlorine from night to morning. Last night before OCLT I upped my chlorine to 10 ppm. Today it looks like it may have started to clear up.
If it is algae I don't understand why it wasn't using any chlorine up over night?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.