Rain Rain Rain - SO....

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
...What should I do about the chems? pumping water out every day. so far all is good but for the FAC which was low -2. I dumped some bleach in.
The CH was 325
CYA was 70
TA was 90
pH looked sky high but I want the husband to double check me. Is there another test that I can buy for testing? I hate the subjective what color do you think it is?

I feel like if I add anything it's almost a waste and it's gonna rain, I hear, for two weeks!

Advice, please.

DMS,

Well, rain or not, you need to keep your FC up. If I read signature correctly this is a Saltwater pool..

You need to target about 5 ppm if your CYA is 70. Are you saying you measured an FC of 2 or -2?

Seems like you need to adjust the % of SWG output up a little, or manually add chlorine,

Even with a lot of rain, I doubt it will have a major impact on your FC in a 19K pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Keep the chlorine in the correct range for your pool or it will go green on you, even with all the rain. I would bring the pH down too as it can cause problems if it is too high for too long. As for the rest of the values I would wait until we start to dry out a little before adjusting them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.