Algae in light

mkfish

Aug 16, 2016
Bridgeville
Re: Is there such thing as a "little" algae? :)

Hi, new to forum. I have algae behind my clear cover of my jandy lights. Can I take off the cover and clean in there? They are the nicheless led underwater lights. Electricity scares me.

thanks for your help.

Howdy Mkfish :)

Can you flip the power off to the lights at the breaker?

The lights can be pulled out usually and lifted up to the deck while cleaning the niche, assuming the PB/Electrician left enough length in the line.

Re: Is there such thing as a "little" algae? :)

Hi, new to forum. I have algae behind my clear cover of my jandy lights. Can I take off the cover and clean in there? They are the nicheless led underwater lights. Electricity scares me.

thanks for your help.
Welcome to the forum!

Nicheless lights usually will not have the extra length of wire needed to remove the light, and when removing the light, water will flood the conduit.

Do you have the installation instructions? Page 13 & 14 of the manual linked below show the removal & installation of lenses, but the light must be in a "dry environment", ie you must drain down below the light, and be certain that the lens is re-installed with a watertight seal. You will also need the Jandy supplied installation tool if you wish to remove the light from the pool.

http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0532600.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.