Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I want to add some kind a shower out on my patio near my pool. I have good drainage including two drains on my patio, also if I offset it, it has a natural drain off my patio into my lot near a French drain. Does anybody have some kind of freestanding or other type of shower they might recommend? I can either run PVC or just hook up a hose for water supply. Any recommendations or pictures would be great.
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any answers but what sort of a heater were you going to use for the water?

I was just going to use water from the hose bib, normally it's hot enough outside where I do not need warm water.

Really, honestly I would Google 'diy poolside shower'. I just did and there are hundreds of great ideas.

Thanks I will research it some, I was hoping maybe somebody had something already set up that they could share from their experience.

I was just going to use water from the hose bib, normally it's hot enough outside where I do not need warm water.
Even though it has been 90+ for much of the summer here that would only work for about 30 seconds as our line water is pretty chilly.

Even though it has been 90+ for much of the summer here that would only work for about 30 seconds as our line water is pretty chilly.

Right now we what we have been doing is just using the hose nozzle. The water in the hose is pretty warm and we usually can get rinsed off by the time the cold water works it way through the hose.(100' hose) in fact, it's almost too hot in some cases. Even when colder water gets there I find it kind of refreshing, although I might think different once the weather cools off a bit! Lol I would just like to find something a little easier and more permanent than using the water hose to rinse off with. I will attach a picture I found online that I think is pretty cool. Still looking for ideas if anybody has any.
0d9b4faaaab7d8158b067a1ff67215f8.jpg

I have a small 120V electric water heater that I use to provide hot water for my pool cabana. It is only about 2.5 gallons but it is enough to wash hands, BBQ tools, etc. But I may run the water line ouside the cabana for a shower as well. But if I was to do it again I would buy a small 110V tankless heater.

I have a small 120V electric water heater that I use to provide hot water for my pool cabana. It is only about 2.5 gallons but it is enough to wash hands, BBQ tools, etc. But I may run the water line ouside the cabana for a shower as well. But if I was to do it again I would buy a small 110V tankless heater.

Thanks, that's good advice. Any chance you can post pictures of your cabana? I just like seeing other set ups to get ideas.

Here is a photo of my cabana:
pool cabana.jpg
The right side is a bar/kitchen with fridge, microwave, TV, stereo, sink and some cupboards. The left side is for storage of furniture cushions, pool toys, chemicals, vacuum hoses, etc. And just above the TV you can see the white Wifi hotspot so that I have a good wifi signal by the pool as well. The TV is on an extendible arm and is placed back inside the cabana and the doors drop down to protect it from the weather. I bring all of the electronics inside for the winter.

There is no place better than to watch the Olympics then from inside the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a photo of my cabana:
View attachment 53488
The right side is a bar/kitchen with fridge, microwave, TV, stereo, sink and some cupboards. The left side is for storage of furniture cushions, pool toys, chemicals, vacuum hoses, etc. And just above the TV you can see the white Wifi hotspot so that I have a good wifi signal by the pool as well. The TV is on an extendible arm and is placed back inside the cabana and the doors drop down to protect it from the weather. I bring all of the electronics inside for the winter.

There is no place better than to watch the Olympics then from inside the pool.

Wow, that's nice. Would love to have something like that.

I bought this water heater. Propane, tankless, battery ignition, hooks to a garden hose, under 100 bucks. On season 2 works great. Pics in my build thread.

Eccotemp 1.5 GPM Portable Gas Tankless Water Heater-L5 - The Home Depot

I will look for your build thread. Looks like something that might work good for me, thanks for posting that. Can you put a link to your thread?

Thx, does not show on my phone app, will check it out when I get in front of a PC.

Nice set up!
I also ordered that water heater last night..... Based on your review and everybody else's, it seems like the ticket as I have a perfect spot for it.

Thanks! Yep, it is the bomb.com! Hot water all day! And it doesn't use much propane, I'm on the same BBQ grill tank a year later and we have 4 people using it, even for regular showers on nice days.

Received it today took about 30 minutes start to finish to set it up. Already used it, I can't believe how fast it heats up water. I am going to eventually plumb in it's on water supply, for now I just have a hose running to it. Planters conceal it pretty good ....Natural run off as well....

7cd456b6bd691e90c0aee4c2d3b132e6.jpg
3ef3ede537198a3f2d98a5bbd06ded66.jpg
aaefc2593180e30c1be6c3bbe855ad38.jpg

I did have to replace the connection for my water hose to the unit, it wasn't leaking but the flange was so close fit in the Nut bushing it kept coming out, simple three dollar fix. It only came off if I was adjusting / moving the hose, but I could not take the chance of leaving it on in case it were to come loose on its own and run water freely. That said, I have used this thing multiple times daily and can't imagine not having it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.