Rough vermiculite floor

Nov 11, 2015
Orange Park
I just finished troweling the vermiculite for for my ig vinyl liner pool. It still has some high spots that need to be knocked down and some low spots to be fill but overall I am happy with the way it turned out. My only concern is that the surface is kind of rough to the touch. Is this normal or is it supposed to be smooth like regular concrete? I was thinking about using an orbital sander to smooth it out a bit. Has anyone tried this or is it not necessary? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

When you say rough to the touch just how rough are you talking about? To me concrete is rough to the touch so........

I would use great care with the sander. A very light touch and almost no pressure. Please tell me you are talking about a small, hand held one. NOT one of those huge monsters they do floors with. The big one would ruin all of your hard work I fear :(

:kim:

When you say rough to the touch just how rough are you talking about? To me concrete is rough to the touch so........

I would use great care with the sander. A very light touch and almost no pressure. Please tell me you are talking about a small, hand held one. NOT one of those huge monsters they do floors with. The big one would ruin all of your hard work I fear :(

:kim:

It feels like a rough sand paper. The surface is just not slick like a finished concrete, it is more like open pores.

Was going to use a hand sander. A large floor sander would be faster but i think it would remove to much material too fast.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.