What am I doing wrong?

4ever3

Aug 15, 2016
Tulsa OK
Hi all,

Just had a new AGP installed Friday (24' X 48" 13,500 gallons) and the water topped off late Saturday early Sunday morning and I wanted to start off with BBB but the numbers I'm getting from my test kit (Leslie's / Taylor 81-330) make no sense when plugged into the pool math site...
1- FC
2- TC
2- Br
8- PH
1100- TA
1000- CH
0- CYA

I've ran the tests twice and gotten the same numbers, but the amount of muratic acid the calculator tells me to put in is like 596oz, and says I need to replace 74% of the water. Somethings not right on my end. I don't want to go to the pool store to get my numbers lined out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is water from the hose and at this point is very clear.

Thanks in advance!

4ever3,

Your test results are a perfect example as to why we only use test results from an approved test kit. We need to be able to compare apples to apples, and the only way we can do that is if everyone uses the same basic test kit. I recommend the TF100.

I suspect it wants you to replace the water to get your CH down.. but then is your 1,000 CH an accurate number?

You must have made some error in pool math as it tells me that you only need 20 oz of MA to lower your pH to 7.5

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.