Jandy TruClear Salt generator. But no salinity sensor?

ChadJ

Jan 28, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
Hi all,

I just had a Jandy TruClear salt generator installed in my new pool. It is a new product with a good, easy to service design as well as good price point. However, I have now realized it does not include a salinity sensor or meter. I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation on how I can check my salt levels or what add-on I might be able to get. I have the Jandy/Zodiac automation system, RS4. I also have a Jandy 460sf quad filter. I see that there is a place on the filter where a tri meter can be installed, but this seems to go together with their other salt systems, not this one. Does anyone know of a meter that can be installed and plugged into my automation to allow me to read salt level? Disappointing feature to have left out...

Thanks,

-Chad

You should get a Taylor K-1766 salt test kit and if you don't have one of the recommended test kits get a TF-100. See my signature for a link to the test kits.

The TruClear is less expensive than a lot of SWG's, but it is a very basic unit as you are finding out. There's not an option for a salinity meter that I know of that you can incorporate into your automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.