I might burn this pool to the ground

Jul 31, 2011
Galloway, NJ
I have an 18x48 Summer Waves pool with the submerged pump in the skimmer box. The crappy pump broke, which was to be expected. I just bought a used Hayward 1HP sand filter/pump combo. I'm trying to engineer the pump to the pool. Hoses aren't exactly the same size and I've been to the plumbing aisle of Home Depot way too much.

I thought I had it. Plugged in the pump, and water was leaking prettg quickly from the pump side of the hose that connects the hose and the filter. Before I could even adjust it, the hose flew off and water was spurting up. I was racing to unplug it, and the pump shut itself off. Now it won't turn on. I'm assuming I tripped a safety feature when it got wet.

Will this pulp work again if I let it dry out? And does anyone have any suggestions for getting hoses to fit? I've read threads and I've tried a few things, but there are still leaks. I'm getting really frustrated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.