Newbie Pulling His Hair Out

Jul 6, 2015
Port Angeles WA
EVERY TIME I ADD PICTURES I AM TOLD THEY CONTAIN CUSS WORDS VERY FRUSTRATING

Hello All. I have not read all the posting rules yet and want to ask a lot of questions but will limit for now. Please let me know if I break a rule by accident. I have been having a lot of troubles. We bought the Intex Ultra Frame Rectangular 24 12 52 in June 2014. It has taken us this long to get it going. We installed electric, made a pump house, built a deck, moved a water line for a hose, and finally on Friday we got the pump going for the first time. We have a series of problems that I was hoping to please share and get feedback. One of the first was that we placed sand and then read the manual and it discourages sand so we removed a lot of it only leaving a thin layer. It was about 2 inches thick. Then we got a Pentair Master Temp 125 heater and discovered how expensive propane is and ended up selling that. Just recently we bought solar panels from Amazon and put those on our roof. Then after almost two years getting close to the finish line I messed up and tossed 6 chlorine tablets in the pool and 36 hours later realized that was a terrible idea and the result was six faded spots. Next we installed the wide mouth hayward skimmer in the wall. That was a nightmare. We had trouble with our screw holes and had to angle our fasteners and they were missing the holes and it took really long to get it seated. As I was working one of the last fasteners the flap of vinyl under the plastic cover ripped (I could hear it) and then finally we got it in place. Later to discover it was not level and it was leaking. After going back and tightening screws most of the leaks stopped. However I still have one screw that I can’t get to seat and tighten down. After filing the pool almost to the top our water sprinkler became wedged under the deck and it started digging into the vinyl. Also the blue valve off of the skimmer was angled wrong and it started pushing into the deck leg post. We had to jack up the front legs of the deck one inch to take some pressure off. That valve also had a small leak. So last night we let out water so that the valve and sprinkler pipe would become un wedged. And now I can tell that the pool is hot level either. It was super cool being in the pool with my 9 & 4 year old and I am motivated to fix these problems. I hope it will be okay but I would like to share a few pictures - I made sure I cropped and that they are not too large. If some of you folks might offer some feedback I sure would appreciate it. Thank you. Have a nice day

It looks like the standard first time install- you don't know what you don't know until it bites you. It's awesome when it's "done," but you're still spotting problems.

How out of level is it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.