Best way to adjust return jets?

Dec 3, 2014
Cypress, Texas
Our small pool has 6 return jets which provide great water circulation. However, the way they are positioned they do break the surface quite a bit and I'd like to adjust them lower so as to not add to the PH rising all the time.
I tried to turn the return nozzles (or whatever they're called), but I can't get a good enough grip on them to make them turn any. What is the best way to adjust these? a wrench maybe?
Also, they look like they each have a fixed position, so to turn them lower may change the direction of the water flow, is that normal?

Thanks!

You might have something different but the ones I have and have seen screw in. The eyeball in the center is sandwiched between the body that has the threads and screws in and the cover that holds it into the body. They can be tightened up so much the eyeball won't move and into the wall so tight they won't come out without using a wrench.

For some of mine I've used two screwdrivers to engage the slots on the inside of the Socket part (they do make a special tool) and then a slip joint wrench GENTLY on the retainer to get it loose enough to adjust the eyeball. Now I leave them loose in the wall and don't mess with the eyeball, just rotate the whole thing. Might be because mine are really old but the eyeball just kept seizing up and I got tired of loosening the retainer.

Attachments

• Eyeball fitting exploded view.jpg
    Eyeball fitting exploded view.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 207
You could try one of those rubber jar openers to see if it makes it any easier to turn them. Also you might want to make sure your pump is off when you turn them I think it does make it easier. Good luck I know how hard they can be mine gets stuck all the time.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.