Please review my Pump and Filter combination.

G

With all the help and information from here, I think I have figured out the combination for my new pool (yet to actually be bought).

This equipment is for either an 18x40 (22,000 Gallons) or 18x45 (25,000 Gallons) oval 54" deep.

I do not know the actual head of the system since it isn't yet built, but I am assuming 30 for an AGP. I will be using 2" piping for the intakes and reserves. Turnover rate of about 6 hours with the 25,000 gallon pool, but for 12 hours with the two-speed on low speed.

Pentair System:3 Modular D.E. Filter - SMD series model S7MD60 (60 ft2 filter area) with an optimal performance of 60-90 GPM. On sale at inyopools.com for $399.99.

Pentair Dynamo Aboveground Pump Model DYNII-N2-1 two-speed and 1 HP motor with a 52 foot head max and at 20 foot head of 85 GPM rate. At Poolcenter.com for $249.97.

I appreciate any comments on this combination, especially those stating obvious errors or wrong assumptions. :)

Thanks!

Thanks Jason,

Was just concerned about the 1HP. People always talk on here about only needing a 3/4, but after looking at the flow rates needed and the flow curve it definitely looked like 1 HP was necessary.

Again, all the great resources on here definitely helps! Thanks to all who contribute and ask questions. Many of my questions were answered by others.

I think it is generally a good idea to go to a 1 HP when you have a two speed, but better to get 3/4 HP for a single speed. When on low speed the HP doesn't matter as much, and then you have a little extra when you go to high speed. On a single speed you want to save all the electricity you can, so getting a larger pump ends up costing you in the long run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.