Cloudy water

Aug 5, 2016
Rockford/MI
So I have completed a week long SLAM as of this morning. Passed OCLT and have no CC. My water started out very green and turbid. Now the color is perfect but cloudiness remains. I can see down to the jets easily, and I can see an object if it's on the shallow floor, but the water is not clear by any means. Do I just keep the filter on 24/7 until the water clears? I did add DE to the filter a couple days ago, and I put some skimmer socks in the baskets yesterday. I am running my robotic cleaner daily as well. Any other tips?

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

The SLAM is not complete until the water is clear, so keep your FC up. Yep, filter 24/7. Only other tip is to keep brushing whatever the robot misses daily and seek out any algae hiding places, but you've probably already done that. Don't backwash until filter pressure is 25% above clean pressure. The filter will clean best when it's a bit dirty. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Good work so far!

So even though I didn't lose any chlorine overnight and have no CC there can still be algae? I thought that meant that there wasn't anything living anymore. I thought it was just all dead stuff floating around.

I did wait to backwash until the pressure went up. Do I have to add more DE then after back washing?

Got it.

I rechecked my CYA and it's now 35 instead of 40, which makes sense because we just had a bunch of rain and I had to add some water just prior to the rain. Adjusting my SLAM levels accordingly.

Working hard to trust the process and have patience. I have a feeling it might be another week before I have crystal clear water. I have noticed a big difference since running the robot every day. I think I wasn't accomplishing much at first because there was some debris at the bottom of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.