Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

1. Back To Top    #61

Re: New Build - South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living

Here's another try. [IMG]Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 10.37.44 AM by fsubk, on Flickr[/IMG]

Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

2. Back To Top    #62

I also made it to the SGM Diamond Brite showroom at lunch today. They gave me the full suite of samples. Looking forward to dropping them in the community pool this weekend.

Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

3. Back To Top    #63

New Build - South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living

I don't know what you did differently but I can see those! You might want to take your address off of the image though.

What shade of water are you hoping for? The little samples in the pool won't show you much - I tried. I got the best benefit with a white bucket in my own backyard but it really only shows you what the plaster will look like - not the water color.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

4. Back To Top    #64

I am leaning towards a blue/grey plaster color to get a deep teal blue watercolor. I really like the pebbletec blue granite color but don't like the pebble finish and can't afford the $7k to upgrade from diamond Brite. The Aegean Sea watercolor is right in that color zone but I have only been able to find 2-3 pools online with that finish, all from the same builder in Louisiana.

Yea, the pool test won't work great but should give me a feel for how much darker our water will be versus the white based plaster from our community pool. The white bucket test is on the list as well.

5. Back To Top    #65

I have a Deep Sea Blue but modified to a slightly bluer base color vs the original gray. I've seen brands with a Midnight Blue that come close. You can try to find a diamondbrite that that has similar colors in the plaster as that of Blue Granite...

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

6. Back To Top    #66

Your yard is going to be a purrfect set up for many years to come! I love that you will have plenty of yard to play in!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #67

You may want to look again at post #61 and delete the address.. 😊
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

8. Back To Top    #68

Quote Originally Posted by Piolin View Post
    You may want to look again at post #61 and delete the address.. ��
    The first thing I did when I got home was head here to block out the addy...........I see someone beat me to it! Good job!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #69

I just did it. Thanks guys.

10. Back To Top    #70

New Build - South Florida Pool &amp; Outdoor Living

even after playing with the DB samples tonight, I am drawn to the Aegean Sea (4th from the left in the bottom box). It is darker than the white based quartz selections but I wouldnt consider it a dark color, which hopefully will help our chances at avoiding mottling or streaking. Here are the inspirational pics. The last pic has a little more green tint to it, so I may just have the mix slightly heavier on the blue side (it is a watercolor mix of 60% french gray which has a green tint, and 40% Tahoe blue which is a deep bright blue).

11. Back To Top    #71

I would pick that color just from the pics! PRETTY!

12. Back To Top    #72

PB Quoted me $120 to go from CC320 filter to CC420 filter and $300 to go from EasyTouch4 to EasyTouch 8. Still waiting on price for IC40 to IC60. These seem reasonable to me, but figured I'd check here with the resident experts!

13. Back To Top    #73

Re: New Build - South Florida Pool &amp; Outdoor Living

Here is the final color combo:
    Materials by fsubk, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

upgrade from IC40 to IC60 is $290. Im pulling the trigger on the upgrades (IC60, ET8, CC420). For under $750 in total to upgrade, I think it will be worth it in the long run.

14. Back To Top    #74

I think we need to lock you on this!

lock.jpg

I have the key if you want it back BUT I really hope you don't as I LOVE your picks!

15. Back To Top    #75

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I think we need to lock you on this!

lock.jpg

I have the key if you want it back BUT I really hope you don't as I LOVE your picks!
    Let Kim lock you in! Love the plaster color and other choices!!

16. Back To Top    #76

Thanks guys. Lock it in Kim!

17. Back To Top    #77

Okay all locked in......key is put in a safe place and you KNOW how that is! I will never be able to find it again! LOL

18. Back To Top    #78

Wife and I have been talking over bench options. Currently we have one bench cutout on the side of the pool closest to the house but were debating the need/benefits of a bench on the far side of the pool. Since we want our spa overhanging the edge of the pool a bit (it is currently 12" in from the side coping), we can bump it in another 6" and make benches the full length of both sides of the spa. But the trade off would be losing some swimmable area. We have very usable hangout space with the shelf and stairs currently, but nothing on the far side of the pool. We are on the fence on this. Thoughts? Is it overkill? Here is a pic again of our current design.

19. Back To Top    #79

TFP Guide

New Build - South Florida Pool &amp; Outdoor Living

Do you spend more time moving or not moving in pools? Even though I'm pretty active in a pool it's probably higher for not moving. We love our significant bench space. Our pool has about 43% of the perimeter filled with benches or steps. We've had our pool for 4 seasons and we love that aspect.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

20. Back To Top    #80

Re: New Build - South Florida Pool &amp; Outdoor Living

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Do you spend more time moving or not moving in pools? Even though I'm pretty active in a pool it's probably higher for not moving. We love our significant bench space. Our pool has about 43% of the perimeter filled with benches or steps. We've had our pool for 4 seasons and we love that aspect.
    We are active and play sports (volleyball and basketball) but we aren't going to be swimming laps. We have 3 little kids also (all under 3). We will typically have 6-7 people in the pool as our parents are often over with us at our community pool now. Our entertaining will mostly be done under the covered patio (orange in the photo). There is a considerable distance from the far side of the pool where these benches would go and the house (about 40 feet) but they would be the only option for benches looking back at the house/patio. Also, should we opt for the extra benches should we expect much of a cost increase?

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast