South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

What would you say the angle of the sun is in that picture?

I really like this tile. We've gone with the same tile in the sea green for our pool.

I've been trying to understand how it looks under various lighting conditions. For instance, at dusk or under low light conditions, does it appear less iridescent, more blue?

What would you say the angle of the sun is in that picture?

I really like this tile. We've gone with the same tile in the sea green for our pool.

I've been trying to understand how it looks under various lighting conditions. For instance, at dusk or under low light conditions, does it appear less iridescent, more blue?

Great question. The face of the spa faces SE and this was late afternoon sun so I'd say SW position. I actually wish the spa wasn't Square to our house as a direct on view looks very blue and very flat. The side of our spa that faces southwest always looks like this picture tho. It holds its iridescence really well at night as well. Subtle light reflects off it well and brings out the color. Also we have this tile inside our spa and it looks great with the spa light on. I'll see if I have any other pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a good pic that shows the NE side. It's color and iridescence is similar to the SW side almost at all times. As you can see the face (SE) looks more flat blue without the angled sunlight.

8a6a5106e89251f27d9519d156f952d0.jpg

And here's a recent shot of our step markers. Again in late afternoon sun.

2813ea2750f9ee0052f804689b154862.jpg

Great question. The face of the spa faces SE and this was late afternoon sun so I'd say SW position. I actually wish the spa wasn't Square to our house as a direct on view looks very blue and very flat. The side of our spa that faces southwest always looks like this picture tho. It holds its iridescence really well at night as well. Subtle light reflects off it well and brings out the color. Also we have this tile inside our spa and it looks great with the spa light on. I'll see if I have any other pictures.

Thank you.

It is a beautiful tile. And you used it to great effect on those step markers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a good pic that shows the NE side. It's color and iridescence is similar to the SW side almost at all times. As you can see the face (SE) looks more flat blue without the angled sunlight.

8a6a5106e89251f27d9519d156f952d0.jpg

And here's a recent shot of our step markers. Again in late afternoon sun.

2813ea2750f9ee0052f804689b154862.jpg

I hope my glass tiles look even half that good!!
Very nice [emoji106]

Very nice. In hindsight I wish we did a blue waterline. You are using the glass tile for step markers? I would have never thought they looked like that under water from the dry pic. And what finish brand/color are you doing?

Very nice. In hindsight I wish we did a blue waterline. You are using the glass tile for step markers? I would have never thought they looked like that under water from the dry pic. And what finish brand/color are you doing?

I'm doing a double row/ribbon on my Baja, steps, & benches. Finish will be Pebble Tec Pebble Sheen, Blue Surf (I'm pretty set on that color) I like Blue Granite too. I'm planning on adding glass beads & possibly shimming seas too.
It's a little nerve racking making all of these decisions!

That's great. I love blue surf. But our kids have really sensitive skin on their feet. And even the sheen with rough them up bad. If we're still around when it's time to refinish our pool 10+ years from now, that's my pick. Or our next build, which naturally will be so easy ;)

That's great. I love blue surf. But our kids have really sensitive skin on their feet. And even the sheen with rough them up bad. If we're still around when it's time to refinish our pool 10+ years from now, that's my pick. Or our next build, which naturally will be so easy ;)

I have a little granddaughter, I'm hoping it won't be too rough on her feet! It's free callus removal for adults [emoji57]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.