South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Re: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - TILE PHASE

That would annoy me. You specified the larger filter so you should get it. But at this point, not only should you get it, but it should not be crammed in. The plumbing pad should be reorganized to properly accommodate the specified equipment. You shouldn't be made to suffer an annoyingly crowded pad forever because the PB installed the wrong filter to begin with. Nor should you accept the current filter and forever be required to clean it more frequently.

Re: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - TILE PHASE

The PB is going to replace the filter with the correct one. I asked that if anything else needs to be moved or changed to accommodate it to let me know so it can be discussed first. The base of the 420 is at least 6" wider so I expect a lot of rework to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - DECK PHASE

Here's the new filter installed. They definitely did some rework and considering the size difference in the filter it's not too bad in my opinion.

8c57d77f2c9f633ca99af965167f3981.jpg

045289f1b4d6a5356c97d1da4e297aef.jpg

90ea58ba1ca247164215f08cbf8b23f7.jpg

South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - DECK PHASE

I'm pretty sure we found our plaster choice. It is Sapphire, a marquis collection color, by Premix Marbletitle. It is a quartz based aggregate finish that rivals Diamond Brite and Florida Gem here in Florida. They have the same 10 year warranty.

To date, our favorite quartz-based product/color was Diamond Brite Aegean Sea but our PB and applicator does not recommend Diamond Brite and the PB makes customers sign waivers for streaking and mottling with dye-based colors. The Sapphire Marbletite is the closest color we could find and is a grey based plaster which from what I've seen doesnt mottle, blotch, or streak like other color based finishes. I've found that we like most of the colors that a grey base creates.

Here are some pics of a pool I visited today, in the sun and in the shade.

fffa549e2f6e7aa108cfe281f3ec0b13.jpg

f33a41e3765e778804d64b0e80a2900d.jpg

2e52d3a8b991c0ed82a4c4fb3af64f1f.jpg

5724daf2fd8abc1c83706fdab4df463b.jpg

609cb87040bf62e78f0c4cf8ccf0f9b3.jpg

Our covered patio construction is just about done. And since the piles of dirt are gone, I finally got a pre-glamour shot. Im imagining water in the pool, pool lights on, and nice green sod and landscaping ;)

3789c4b2c6b6178e3831c93271f00356.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Build - South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living

I have not seen this type of bottom before, what material is that? From the pic, it looks like plenty of places for dirt, dust, debris to collect but may be just the pic.

thanks

Looks like they did a nice organized installation.
The only comment I have is, I hope you do not ever have to replace a valve. Looks like they used socket x socket valves instead of valves with unionized ends. They have the piping so close together, it will be a major piping job if you ever need to replace a valve.
My builder used the cheapest socket x socket valves, then 2 went bad, one started leaking at the handle and the other took a Gorilla to be able to turn it. I had to fabricate a whole new header to fix them and install valves with union ends. If you have valves with union ends, you can just loosen the locknut and slide the valve out and replace, no cutting or repiping.
it may never happen to you.........hopefully

thanks

Bruce

Another of my Lessons Learned.
After they complete grouting and cleaning your tile and BEFORE you begin filling, check the tile carefully, make sure it is grouted well and more importantly make sure the tile is clean, if you rub your fingers on the tile you should not get white finger tips or see where you rubbed your finger.
my tile job and fill WAS done before I moved into the new house, they did not do a good job cleaning the grout off the tiles, they had a haze on them that you don't really see unless you are in the pool with a mask or the sun shines on it just right.
I first thought it was the beginning of algae but it was haze from the grout.
I drained 60-70% of the water and 3 of us got in there and scrubbed every tile by hand with stiff bristled nylon brushes, wash n rinse, wash n rinse.........then refill.
We used a submersible pump during washing and rinsing so as not to get get of the dirt and debris in the permanent system.......it wasn't fun, but ever since my tiles sparkle.

learn from my misfortune........make sure they clean all the grout and grout haze off.

Also make sure the piping from the main drain is always plugged or capped during construction so you are not getting any of it in your piping system

Re: New Build - South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living

Captain, what bottom are you talking about?

Please disregard, I may have responded to you when I meant to respond to a different picture

Please disregard, I may have responded incorrectly to a different picture

- - - Updated - - -

What material is this in the picture above in Post # 20

Got my TF100 test kit today. Tested our source/fill water from our hose bib. Here are the results:

Ph - 7.8
TA - 70
CH - 150
FC - 0 - never turned pink
CC - never turned pink

For the TA test it never really turned red but more of a pink (first at 7 drops). I kept going and it never went red. Here are some pics of color:

Ph:
22d23c6add4ad2a2985d95c31196ba86.jpg

TA:
fbbad1ee2a3592a7882827d3283d6c49.jpg

CH:
4668db5ee060122a0831afb14a8e6756.jpg

Anything look off or concerning?

Looks great to me! You are blessed with that water.

TA-it more of "a change of color towards red" which equals red"ish" which can end up pink. Once you get the change of color add one more drop to see if it changes more. If it does not change any more you do not count the last drop.

Your CH is low for a pool BUT don't go buy anything. Your PB should supply the stuff to get the water balanced. I WOULD talk to him about your fill water tests and show him the TFP suggested range and see what he says.

Kim:kim:

Looks great to me! You are blessed with that water.

Thanks Kim. Curious to learn - what are common fill water results that would be unfavorable, or not "blessed"? Will any of these results indicate how much green we should expect when we fill? I know certainly there are a lot of factors but how much does the fill water impact that and what reading is the best indication of what to expect?

Automation system electrical is getting taken care of today. I have the Pentair ET8. Is there any value in having the two pool lights run independent of each other? I already have the spa and shelf separate from the pool. We will have two extra relays left over after our landscape lighting is added.

Since we have decking on the side of the pool and the lights are also on the sides of the pool this may allow us to turn off the light facing the patio should we be entertaining in that space at night. Not sure it's that big of a deal tho.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.