Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

1. Back To Top    #641

Re: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

That picture could be in a ad to sell those tiles! WOW!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #642

Thanks, Kim!

Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

3. Back To Top    #643

What would you say the angle of the sun is in that picture?

I really like this tile. We've gone with the same tile in the sea green for our pool.

I've been trying to understand how it looks under various lighting conditions. For instance, at dusk or under low light conditions, does it appear less iridescent, more blue?

4. Back To Top    #644

Quote Originally Posted by LDVPool View Post
    What would you say the angle of the sun is in that picture?

I really like this tile. We've gone with the same tile in the sea green for our pool.

I've been trying to understand how it looks under various lighting conditions. For instance, at dusk or under low light conditions, does it appear less iridescent, more blue?
    Great question. The face of the spa faces SE and this was late afternoon sun so I'd say SW position. I actually wish the spa wasn't Square to our house as a direct on view looks very blue and very flat. The side of our spa that faces southwest always looks like this picture tho. It holds its iridescence really well at night as well. Subtle light reflects off it well and brings out the color. Also we have this tile inside our spa and it looks great with the spa light on. I'll see if I have any other pictures.

Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

5. Back To Top    #645

Here is a good pic that shows the NE side. It's color and iridescence is similar to the SW side almost at all times. As you can see the face (SE) looks more flat blue without the angled sunlight.

And here's a recent shot of our step markers. Again in late afternoon sun.

6. Back To Top    #646

Love the sparkle coming off the stairs. You will enjoy your pool.

6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

7. Back To Top    #647

Very nice shots of that tile! We love how it looks almost like it's on fire when the sun hits it just right...even underwater. You have very good taste sir!!
    2017 Build, 12.5K gal, pebbletec blue smurf, EcoStar VS pump (pool/spa), 2hp TriStar pump (water features), SwimClear 425 multi-cartridge filter, Hayward 400K heater, Turbocell-15 SWG, Pro-Logic Automation, LED lighting, Hayward suction side cleaner (model TBD), TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #648

Quote Originally Posted by grumpiebk View Post
    Great question. The face of the spa faces SE and this was late afternoon sun so I'd say SW position. I actually wish the spa wasn't Square to our house as a direct on view looks very blue and very flat. The side of our spa that faces southwest always looks like this picture tho. It holds its iridescence really well at night as well. Subtle light reflects off it well and brings out the color. Also we have this tile inside our spa and it looks great with the spa light on. I'll see if I have any other pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

It is a beautiful tile. And you used it to great effect on those step markers.

9. Back To Top    #649

Quote Originally Posted by BeachHead View Post
    Very nice shots of that tile! We love how it looks almost like it's on fire when the sun hits it just right...even underwater. You have very good taste sir!!
    Right back atcha!

10. Back To Top    #650

Quote Originally Posted by LDVPool View Post
    Thank you.

It is a beautiful tile. And you used it to great effect on those step markers.
    Thanks and you're welcome!

11. Back To Top    #651

Here is a good pic that shows the NE side. It's color and iridescence is similar to the SW side almost at all times. As you can see the face (SE) looks more flat blue without the angled sunlight.

And here's a recent shot of our step markers. Again in late afternoon sun.

I hope my glass tiles look even half that good!!
    Very nice

Under Construction In-ground Freeform 11K gal Pentair intelliflo Clean&Clear cartridge filter, EasyTouch w/IC40, Baja Mini Pebble interior - Sky Blue, TF-100

12. Back To Top    #652

Quote Originally Posted by Azsunsets View Post
    I hope my glass tiles look even half that good!!
    Very nice

Thank you! What did you select for tile?

13. Back To Top    #653

Thank you! What did you select for tile?

These are my selections.

Under Construction In-ground Freeform 11K gal Pentair intelliflo Clean&Clear cartridge filter, EasyTouch w/IC40, Baja Mini Pebble interior - Sky Blue, TF-100

14. Back To Top    #654

Very nice. In hindsight I wish we did a blue waterline. You are using the glass tile for step markers? I would have never thought they looked like that under water from the dry pic. And what finish brand/color are you doing?

15. Back To Top    #655

Gorgeous tile... I used some of that kind of tile for accents when we redid our master bath.
    15k IG gunite, built 1999, RiverBend Sandler, attached spa, Dolphin S200, Pentair Triton II sand filter, Wet Edge Prism Matrix in Constellation with extra ocean shells handcast, Pentair MasterTemp 400, my remodel

16. Back To Top    #656

Quote Originally Posted by TxBwana View Post
    Gorgeous tile... I used some of that kind of tile for accents when we redid our master bath.
    I have 10 sheets left over. I'm dying to tie it into some accent wall in our covered patio or an ODK countertop or something.

17. Back To Top    #657

Inlay it on a table and bench!!!!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

18. Back To Top    #658

Very nice. In hindsight I wish we did a blue waterline. You are using the glass tile for step markers? I would have never thought they looked like that under water from the dry pic. And what finish brand/color are you doing?

I'm doing a double row/ribbon on my Baja, steps, & benches. Finish will be Pebble Tec Pebble Sheen, Blue Surf (I'm pretty set on that color) I like Blue Granite too. I'm planning on adding glass beads & possibly shimming seas too.
    It's a little nerve racking making all of these decisions!

19. Back To Top    #659

That's great. I love blue surf. But our kids have really sensitive skin on their feet. And even the sheen with rough them up bad. If we're still around when it's time to refinish our pool 10+ years from now, that's my pick. Or our next build, which naturally will be so easy

20. Back To Top    #660

That's great. I love blue surf. But our kids have really sensitive skin on their feet. And even the sheen with rough them up bad. If we're still around when it's time to refinish our pool 10+ years from now, that's my pick. Or our next build, which naturally will be so easy

I have a little granddaughter, I'm hoping it won't be too rough on her feet! It's free callus removal for adults

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast